Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a picture of a DC Sports Header for a '96-00 CIvic DX.

Im planning on ordering one for my Car, An Irish Civic which is a 1.4 but ive been told it should fit...i just wanna make sure.

Because my header only goes as far as the bottom of the block i think and then there is a 2"stainless steel pipe to the cat(well to where the cat was! :D) this is how it came from the factory.

So i wanna know if im gona have to get the S/S section cut further down to get the header to fit.

P.S the pics on DC Sports or any of the online shops ive tried have the same pic for every header so no point going by that.

Bren

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
from what ive heard, you can get a gsr header that will bolt up to your dx ehuast, bypassing the cat....

the dx has the cat connected to it,

do you want to sell me a pair of those bumpers with the moldings on them? they are hard as shit to find, or will you trade for bumpers without moldings?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my cat is already gone, i have a full 2" S/S system from the 2" S/S pipe conneted to the manifold(this pipe was already there) down. So im hoping for sumthin that wont require any cutting / welding.

And re the bumpers? why wud you prefer em with moldings???? Sorry, but i just find that unusual, at least over here, most ppl are at least colouring the strips(mouldings), or in most cases not bothering, cos theyll be replacing the bumpers anyway...but ive never heard of sum1 wanting the strips.

and your front bumper wudnt fit mine as the wings and grill changed in '98 when they took off the strips for the facelifted '98-00 model. Rear bumper wud fit , but considering im in Ireland it wud be a lot of hasle and it wud cost a fair bit ...probably similar to wat it wud cost me to take off the strips(which im doin this week anyway to have em colour coded) and have th recesses filled and smoothed.

Bren

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
well, those moldings are whats looked at as "jdm"style.. we dont have the moldings here in the states, they are very rare....

if you were to look at jdmcivic.com.... you would see the demand for those things... personally i would rather have the moldings there even if i was to paint them.....

i painted the moldings on the sides of my hatch already... but i (and many other people) would kill for a set of bumpers with the moldings that you have...

the grass is always greener on the other side, thats why you guys want to get rid of them, and us here dont have em so of course we need to get our hands on them.... we could work with eachother to trade and sell the bumpers back and forth.... as you said that the ones without moldings are hot in Ireland

the cheapest ive seen for the usdm bumpers is $74.95 primed...
and $72.00 black, probably say another $75 or so for shipping overseas......

just an idea....
i just want a pair of those bumpers!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as I said, if your car '98 or newer(and even late '97ones) the front bumper wont fit...and yours wudnt fit mine...

And also, 75 for a bumper!!! sweet jesus thats cheap compared to hear...havent ever checked it, but id be surprised if they r less than 200!

everything here is much more expensive car-wise
few e.g.s:

Petrol: 87c/litre
Tax: on my 1.4 its €248/year(bout €340 for a 1.6)
Parts: Honda oil filter - €16
Oil: gud stuff: 4.5L for €40
My car when new in 1996 (7price was similar till it new civic in '00), for a basic model 1.4, no airbags, electrics, nothing - when converted from our oold currency, works out roughly €17,000, the 1.6 DOHC Vtec model - circa €27,000
Insurance: under my Fathers policy-€2000, if i had to go on my own bout €6000(Im 19 with a full license) - and thats for a 1.4!!!
(oh, and Im a student! which is why i dont got anythin better! :()

That mite explain to ppl over there why we dont all drive very powerful cars!

anyway, Back to the topic. ANYONE GOT THE PIC IM LOOKING FOR??

Bren

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please? this is the only way i can know if this will fit my car, no1 i know has one over here, and ive never seen one on a D series engine.

Bren

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No1?????

Bren

·
Registered
133 Posts

Here's a pic of a DC Sports EX header a non-vtec motor, it fits but he's also using the cat and exhaust from a '99 SI. Hope this helps..

He also upgraded to a y8 manifold.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers, but its more the underside that i need to see if as thats where the connections may differ.

Bren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts