Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im in the san diego county and iim looking to get my 1995 integra painted just to last me at least a year because atm my car has huge oxidation problems and a lot of paint chipping off so i was wondering if someone could suggest me something. Or possibly in LA if they are pretty good. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Maaco?

But if its rusting paint will NOT solve the problem for more than a week.

·
Registered
194 Posts
a reputable maaco will work for the respray, but you have to get the car stripped and reprimered and prepped again to correct the problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what is happening to the paint is its will crack a line and then it looks like its starting to curl and roll off if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
well what is happening to the paint is its will crack a line and then it looks like its starting to curl and roll off if that makes any sense.
go to maaco as already mentioned. they do alright work for the money. just make sure you prep it before, like fill in dents and sand it down. i had a civic before i did all the body work my self and had them spray it. paid $200 bucks plus an extra $100 bucks for an extra coat of clear to make it really glossy. came out pretty nice and still looked good for 2 years before i sold it. oh yeah plus the owner of the shop was cool as fuck, he gave $50 back when he found out i was military. he was like "here go take your wife out for dinner" funny thing is i wasnt married out the time, so i just went out and drank! lol

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
google is your friend. However, basically its just a big pain in the ass, and takes a lot of time, sand, sand, sand, and oh yeah, sand. Thats the name of the game before paint.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
paint is very labor intensive, personally i wouldnt go to maaco or earl schieb, i actually saw a van outside earl schieb all masked off and a painter painting the fucking thing OUTSIDE!!!!!, ive seen probably 5 maaco jobs now and all are either shitty, or start falling apart within a few years if youre gonna do it, do it right!

·
Registered
201 Posts
As mentioned by Anomoly do the shit right, seriously, you'll love yourself for it later because you won't be looking at bullshit. If I were you I would seriously do some research, find some piece of shit panel to practice on for a week or two, sanding, priming, spraying a lil' bit of cheap paint and do it yourself here if you have some time and some space. Just plan it out man and do the research. It's honestly not hard to paint that just takes a bit of practice, but the details are the PITA, and the details when it comes to paint is adequate prep work. You live in San Diego, and TCPGlobal.com honestly makes some seriously great paint products (They are in SD), and sell every damn thing you could possibly need for the paint work. You could seriously buy a gallon or so of good paint from them for somewhere between $150-200. What I'm telling you is I would basically just save a bit longer and do it right, because I don't think anyone is going to do a quality paint job for the kind of money your talking about, and seriously for the budget your talking about your best ally in achieving quality is you.

Sorry to ramble....just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts