Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

looking for a body kit that requires very little prepping

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Bryanmoe 
#1 ·
I dont want a kit that you have to sand and work on to the car. With experiences, who has got a kit that came ready to paint and put on? Brands/style

#2 ·
I'm not much of a body kit kinda guy, but I've heard from friends that not too many kits fit perfectly OEM style. I know that Wings West makes good quality kits, but a friend at a body shop said that even the WW urethane kits have to be massaged a bit.... Most of the kits that I've seen do not come pre-prepped, so you or a body shop will most likely have to do any priming/sanding that needs to be done pre-paint...

If you are scared of getting any bodywork done, you might wanna shy away from a kit altogether... altering the body of your car is something that's gonna take a lotta elbow grease to get right.

I would imagine that some quality Japanese body kit manufacturers like CWEST would make some good fitting stuff, but I have no personal experience with these kits, so I couldn't really offer any tips..

I'm just spouting off what I've heard from people with experience... the only body enhancement pieces I have on my car are OEM, so they fit like a glove :)

#3 ·
Bizwhap said:
I'm not much of a body kit kinda guy, but I've heard from friends that not too many kits fit perfectly OEM style. I know that Wings West makes good quality kits, but a friend at a body shop said that even the WW urethane kits have to be massaged a bit....
Yeah, from what I've heard the wings west kits probably fit the best, but still sometimes do require some modifications to make them go on. I would say WW would be your best bet, or maybe just get a nice looking lip kit. From my personal experience lips go on w/o any sanding or anything.:)

#5 ·
prolly all urethane kits require little prepping, cause the shape of the part is generally in good shape and don't need any prep work fiberglass kits need, like pits, cracks ...etc...

i got a xenon kit, and my bodyshop guy told me its in good condition compared to other fiberglass kits he works on.

#7 ·
Re: Re: looking for a body kit that requires very little prepping

gotboost? said:
oem from honda. best fit and already painted.
wouldn't that cause a problem due to color fade? the new part would look shinier and newer than the rest of the paint on the car. . .

#8 ·
Re: Re: Re: looking for a body kit that requires very little prepping

anfrey said:
wouldn't that cause a problem due to color fade? the new part would look shinier and newer than the rest of the paint on the car. . .
true, but that would also hold true for any body kit that you have painted to the color code of your car. and if the paint shop can match the exact shade of color that the car currently is, you can have the oem honda kit repainted to match, just as you would any other body kit. so that shouldn't be an issue.

either way, for fitment, you can't beat oem honda.

#11 ·
Re: Re: stuff

just chillin said:
the good ole honda dealer always works
Most of the stuff has been discontinued anyway, unless you have a 7gen Civic.. They don't make any of the under spoilers for the 6gen anymore.. (i.e. Si lip, or rear lip)

I'm not sure about the lip that Bizwhap has.. I'm sure you can get that fairly easy though..

#12 ·
Re: Re: Re: stuff

97CIVICoupe said:
Most of the stuff has been discontinued anyway, unless you have a 7gen Civic.. They don't make any of the under spoilers for the 6gen anymore.. (i.e. Si lip, or rear lip)

I'm not sure about the lip that Bizwhap has.. I'm sure you can get that fairly easy though..
are you sure about that? because not too long ago my dad bought a hood and fender for my mom's 97 accord from the dealer. they still make parts for the old style accord's, so i don't see why they wouldn't for civic's too.

#13 ·
what 97civicoupe said is that oem underbody spoilers (front lip, sideskirts, and rearend) have been discontinued. regular replacement parts (hood, fenders, quarterpanels, etc) are still available of course. accessory production, however, has ceased.

#15 ·
off topic

KiddEng said:
prolly all urethane kits require little prepping, cause the shape of the part is generally in good shape and don't need any prep work fiberglass kits need, like pits, cracks ...etc...

i got a xenon kit, and my bodyshop guy told me its in good condition compared to other fiberglass kits he works on.

Hey who said that quote in your sig? LOL that shit is fucking hillarious! Is that real or did you just make that up bro? NO shit against preludes either cause i got one but that person is a fucking moron.

PEace,
CrOSsROaDS

#16 ·
Re: off topic

CrossRoads22 said:
Hey who said that quote in your sig? LOL that shit is fucking hillarious! Is that real or did you just make that up bro? NO shit against preludes either cause i got one but that person is a fucking moron.

PEace,
CrOSsROaDS
hahah...yeah that shit cracked me up too! i got it on a PM a while back, that kid was talking shit out back and forth with me ...it cracked me up so i put it in the sig..ahhaha damn ricer!!!:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.