Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im looking for a civic with no engine, so i can put in a h22 or something, is the h22 the best engine that i could put in a dx or something?

if u know where i can find a civic with no engine, please let me know

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I had one...go to a junk yard..more then likly u will need other parts such as doors or even a new hood. Sucks but u only pay like 500 bucks or less. I would even spen the extra G and get one such as a dx with a shit load of miles and use that until the new engine arives..just a thought

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
whatever you do DO NOT go and buy a civic at a junkyard. Those cars are classified as salvage titles, that means major damage on the framing. that would cause the car to drive unstable. Beefing it up would just make it worst.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm, so the only thing i could do to not get screwed is like buy a civic with just a shitload of miles... and kill the engine and put in my new one?

how much do u think it would cost for like a 94-95 civic with alot of miles?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
ebay sells a lot of civics w/o engines have you tried that

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really? i searched but got nothing... where exactly did u look?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
honda civic on the search then click highest price link then go to the cheapest cars there and they should have some

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm, i was looking for manual not auto, and 2500 is too much, im only planing to spend around 4k total

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.