Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to find something around the 300-400 rms area that can run at 4ohms. i currently have a alpine type s running at 8ohms which is nice, but i think i'd like a little more kick. i was thinking about getting the SWR-1221D type r with dual 2 ohm voice coils then just running the coils parallel. what do you guys think? what would you recommend for a nice hard, but CLEAN sound?

CLEANLINESS is the most important thing here. i'm not into ass-kicking base, i like clean sounds.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
neldogg said:
i would like to find something around the 300-400 rms area that can run at 4ohms. i currently have a alpine type s running at 8ohms which is nice, but i think i'd like a little more kick. i was thinking about getting the SWR-1221D type r with dual 2 ohm voice coils then just running the coils parallel. what do you guys think? what would you recommend for a nice hard, but CLEAN sound?

CLEANLINESS is the most important thing here. i'm not into ass-kicking base, i like clean sounds.
you'd have to run 2 ohm coils in series to get a 4 ohm load. parallel would give you 1 ohm.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
neldogg said:
my bad, wasn't thinking straight. and about the w3's they don't come in a 4 ohm option do they?
Another sub to consider is an Image Dynamics IDQ 12 V.2 D2. I've owned the W3's a few different times, and I'm really a fan of them. People can say what they want about JL, but they make great stuff, the W3 being one example. Gets loud enough for what you're seeking, and stays clean. Same goes for the IDQ. Can't really go wrong either way. Moderately low power requirements, as well as box requirements. Low prices as well.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
nnnnoooooooooo..u sure you can't use dual 4ohm to get it down to 2ohm?! :D

i'm selling a basically brand new IDQ v2 dual 4ohm right now and it needs a home soon. :(

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
GSteg said:
nnnnoooooooooo..u sure you can't use dual 4ohm to get it down to 2ohm?! :D

i'm selling a basically brand new IDQ v2 dual 4ohm right now and it needs a home soon. :(
What do you want for it?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
GSteg said:
i dunno..offer is good. lol.

u plan to throw it in the fishing boat?
Considering each of my boats is worth around 13K newly rigged, no. I wouldn't give you anything over like 120 for it shipped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.