Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says.
ive lived in the midwest my whole life, and need some change.
i was wondering what are some decent places to live in in so cal that arent super ass expensive( i know most of it is pretty $$) but im just lookin for some options right now. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
for the love of God! don't do it! everything is expensive and there are few if any redeaming factors of the area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In matter fact stay out of the state in the whole. You get taxed like hell, gas is $$$$, there are to many hippies, and its very $$$$ if you would like to buy a house. I live in northern california and its cheaper than southern cal and I still paid $400,000 for my 1800sf 3 bedroom house. If you have the choice stay out!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i do move out their its probably gona be me my brother and maybe 1 or 2 friends, and i would try to get a place close to my job. im stil lookin around for some places to move to seems how it wont be for at least another year.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yah, have a job first before moving here.......a GOOD paying job. and make sure it's close to the beach, cuz really that's all cali is good for....beaches and bad ass cars.....and it just so happens that all the crazy tuning garages are near the beaches too. :hehe

btw, did your bro get the rims? i lost the tracking numbers

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
yah, have a job first before moving here.......a GOOD paying job. and make sure it's close to the beach, cuz really that's all cali is good for....beaches and bad ass cars.....and it just so happens that all the crazy tuning garages are near the beaches too. :hehe

btw, did your bro get the rims? i lost the tracking numbers
yeah he got the wheels, must say they were in pretty damn good cond. too.
now hes just waitin on the 2 rear tires.

if i do plan to move out their, i will take like a 2 week trip or so and try to land a job out their before making the big leap.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
What are your interests or major hobbies? :confused

Maybe peeps could point out some places for you by your interests or job skills.

BTW: I got relatives in Chicago and they all come out to SoCal during the Thanksgiving/X-Mas seasons. They like getting away from the subzero temps LOL. :hehe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where not to live in So Cal...

These are places I particularly dis-like. Some may have had better experiences...

Irvine; Cops are agressive, and frequently pull over modified vehicles of any type.

San Diego; Some areas are nice but for the most part is all Drugs n' Slums.

Fontana; (or anywhere surrounding Fontana for that matter); In fact, stay the hell out of the 909. Its hot and windy as hell with abundant gta's, and nothin to do...except steal cars.

Any city with the name "Bell" in it.

Pasadena; I have a love hate relationship with Pasadena. Heavy traffic, but tons of stuff to do/see.

Hollywood; Same as Pasadena.

Remember, the farther west you go, the more expensive rent/ homes get.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
sporadic said:
San Diego; Some areas are nice but for the most part is all Drugs n' Slums..
wtf are u smokin??? most of san diego is nice. anything within 10-20 miles of the border is a dump...east san diego is unpopulated and could be considered "hick". there are a lot of nice towns throughout all of SD. it all depends on wut area u are. anything down town is crowded as fuck....del mar and anything around the pacific beach area u need to have a six figure income to own a house. north county where i live is a nice area accept for parts of ocean side and escondido has gone down the hole. id have to dissagree that only "some" areas are nice and that the rest of sd is full of drugs and slummy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
sporadic said:
Where not to live in So Cal...

Irvine; Cops are agressive, and frequently pull over modified vehicles of any type....

I haven't ran into any problems with Irvine police yet, although a buddy of mine was profiled. UCI is a commuter school, so there are plenty of vehicles that are modified.

Cerritos: Also pulls over really fixed up cars. I have had a run in with them before. They'll give fix it tickets.

Living expenses in California (LA, OC, SF), New York, and Boston are pretty high, but the pay is more competitive. (ex: rent for a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment can run from $800-$1300 depending on location, compared to the rest of the USA where that's a payment for a mortgage on a comfortable house).

Weather.. oh the weather is so ideal here in Orange County!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want a house thats under 300k and has about 2000sqft your best bet is to move to the Antelope Valley. It includes the cities Palmdale, Lancaster, Quartz Hill, Little Rock and Rosamond. There's more I'm sure but I can't remember the rest right now. The community in that valley is still growing and you might have to deal with a daily commute for work to Los Angeles which is about 50 miles south from Antelope Valley. As compared to San Fernando Valley, roughly 40 miles south of Antelope valley, a 600k house will get you a 1300sqft house with a detached garage. Not necessarily the case for ALL the houses in San Fernando Valley but you get the idea. The big benefit of living in that valley is that the community is already established and it hosts and neighbors the bulk of jobs available in Los Angeles county.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pasadena is great, Arcadia, lots of the san gabriel valley, especially if your asian. I dont like the OC or dislike it, just totally different than what i am used to. Lived in Riverside for a year and hated it coming from pasadena, Riverside looks a lot like a hell hole, but i was a driver, and the city has many nice areas, i appreciate it more but still hate it. I am now in Chino Hills, great area, still expensive, somewhat like the OC, close to industry and brea, nice rolling hills..i dunno, but So Cal is nice, expensive, lots of Asian wanna be gangsters driving $60,000 cars, and that is pretty much it. but seriously pasadena and alhambra are my favorite areas, especially with all their 24 hr asian cafe's

·
Registered
319 Posts
recommendation for bargain housing and a good outdoor type city dwellings are alhambra, westminster, and gardena.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i agree...riverside is teh suck....the only fun thing about riverside is that my gf lives out there....but other than that, there ain't shit to do :lol oh except there is this one canyon road that's pretty awesome....it's got a nice lake and some real technical corners :nod only problem is the roads aren't well maintained and its rough on the suspension.

chino hills is okay....the only good thing about it is our backyard touge...and the road is well maintained since its used every day. i just don't like some of the people here since i went to school at ayala :lol

san gabriel valley is too asian for me.....and i'm a freakin asian. too many wannabe wa-ching idiots trying to make a name for themselves. it's disgusting. "B-Side *****, whawt??" "G-Side biaatch!!" it's stupid :td

LA is kinda dirty....i wouldn't really want to live there again.

deep in the OC is too....can't explain it. but if you drive anything but an SUV, be prepared to get rolled over by unskilled driving milfs in their $80,000 truck :td but if you get a place that's near the LA/Orange/San Bernardino county borders, then you should be able to get the best of all the counties :lol (oh and if you live in san bernardino county, tax is only 7.75% compared to LA's 8.25%)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.