Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all... I know that JRSC makes a supercharger for the h23 motor, I'm thining of doing a project and throwing the JRSC onto my h23 powered accord.

My questions are.....

How much is it..
How relatively hard/easy is it to install (onto the prelude that is)..
I know from advertising that it comes with all instructions, but i'm looking for peepz here with experience withthe jrsc...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yES THERE IS, I'VE called them up and asked... its like well FULL retail around 4k....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm not saying that they don't. I'm just saying that the last time I checked I didn't see a kit for the H23 motor. And if they did have one, it probably won't be out for a while. Best bet is to email them. Jim or whatever his name is really helpful. I emailed him once about a kit on my 92 civic LX (D15 motor) and he said that I can use the kit for the D16 motor, I just got to relocate soem of my stuff to make it fit. So I'm sure there will be a kit for it and if you spend enough money of it.

BTW, what model accord you got? What year? The older ones have very little space. My brother has one and his is a 90 accord. After the H23 engine install, I would fgure you would have less space to work with. You might have some space issues too if you wanted to hook up the JRSC kit to your H23 equipped accord if its an older model.

Are those 1/4 mile times from the track or are they both from the Gtech? That thing sucks at telling you what you do. Your dyno run was pretty good though. Was that with or without the Nitrous?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 14.7 is with the Gtech, and teh 13.6 is at the track, that was with FULL SLICKS and i did a full burnout, but I won't ever do it again on the auto, broke both my axles.... so without doing a full burn out and all, I run consistent 13.9's on slicks with the NOS ....

WHich is about right, if u can do the math with my WHeel HP and using those 1/4 mile calculators and stuff, I should be running 13's with my setup. (I did before I ran) so I would know if I am capable of doing it prior to the track.....

I have a 93 Accord..Yes rooms is SOrta tight... I've seen the JRSC and its pretty bulk, might need to get one of those humps onthe hood (but I hope not)...

149 hp at the wheels was all motor and the 217 is withthe NOS 80 shots......

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ouch! Thats pretty fast for an Accord! But then thats with the H23 motor swap.

Anyways, I don't think you will need the bulky hood even if it fits into your engine bay. The main problrm you have with space is behind the engine where the IM is and the firewall. Thats where the JRSC is going to be.

Your best bet is to email them. I know you said that you called already, but did you mention that the H23 engine was in your Accord instead of the Lude? They might be able to get more specific and technical and thats where you will find out whther or not you can put the JRSC kit into your setup.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you just go Turbo? I'm sure its an easier route to go besides JRSC. And its probably easier to get it custom done if you ask me. By the time you are done making the JRSC kit fit, you probably will waste too much money putting it into your car and you probably won't be going that fast.

I have seem many people not go very fast with their JRSC and I'm one of them. I just like it because of the daily driver thing. More power available in the low end where I need it the most because I have a 4 door and I have a lot a people in car car at times. Although I have no problem with going fast! I like that too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Car is a Daily Driver also like urs... And I too have ppl sitting in the car a lot of the time also. =D.... JRSC has good low end.... which is what i'm after.... Turbo is great too....... I'm debating..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yeah, but your H23 motor already has the same amount of torque that my B18Chas with the JRSC! I mean that 2.3L motor has monsterous torque for an affordable Honda.

What I was saying was that the Turbo might end up making you faster since your H23 already has pretty good low end. And the Turbo would only help out soem more on the topo end since the H23 doesn't have the aid of VTEC on the top.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, thats what I've been leaning on Sak. My Mechanic is actually in Sacramento. (Midnite Performance) I dunno if you heard of that shop, its fairly close to HAP recycling.

I'm debating on the issue. Yes it does have tremendous amount of torque. It already busted well, sorta busted my tranny a bit when it shifts from first to 2nd (since I'm still a auto) but am gonna convert it to 5 speed in 2 weeks.

When I first got the h23, i went racing (a bit too much) and the laucnh really killed my tranny. It would Launch SOO hard, and when it shifts, it would chug and peel out shfiting first to 2nd on my auto. i DON"T squeeze on first neither (i tried it and it just peeled out all through first). I would like to keep it a auto, since i drive to work daily and the commute is terrible, but i guess i have no choice now.

I would love a TURBO kit though, i'm like leaning towards it, but you know with turbo system, gotta always keep the car in top shape and lots of tuning.

I have yet to actually see a legit H23 Turbo around my neck of the woods, i'm sure there are in other areas.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Don't know of the place that you are talking about, but I do know where HAP is. Its actually in Rancho Cordova, about 20-30 minute drive from where I live in Sactown.

You should try asking for info about turbo's in the Turbo forum (if you didn't already). I have heard that Turbo these days aren't that hard to keep up.

Anyways, check the pm that I send you about FI info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts