Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a factory honda steal rim that came on lets say a teg i could throw those t/a drag radials on and they will fit my 97 civic?? or any other suggestions for 2 rims to mount them on?? Thanx.

· Registered
2,850 Posts
assuming you're talking about a 205 series (width) tire, i'm guessing that would be about a 9" wide rim (give or take about 1/2 inch)? unless you look into the off-road ATVs, i don't think any Honda comes with a wheel that wide, especially not with a 14" diameter (though it is possible to throw a tire that wide onto a 6" wide rim, i've seen it done before)..

if you just want a good 14" wheel to mount drag tires on, and you want to stick with Honda factory wheels, you might just want to get a set of steels from a civic. HX rims are light and all, but i don't know how they'd stand up to a hard launch. same with the '92-'93 GSRs and the Del Sol rims (though those are all good options to look at since they're all pretty darn light).

· Registered
218 Posts
im runnin 205's on 7 inch rims... i dont think you need a 9 inch rim for a 205.. you thinking 225-255? 9 is a wide rim....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.