Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for these projector headlights:

from this ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=7958821141&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

they're TYC and i like the chrome versions, not the "JDM" black ones.
only problem is, these are for 2/3 door '92-'95 civics... i have a four dour. i guess the difference is the turn signal?

i like these because they are projectors but have the amber turn signal built-in, and i like that look.

all the projectors they have for the sedan have clear corners.... and they don't look like this - they are all glass-looking with those crappy fake "halos".

if you do a search on ebay for "civic projector", you start to HATE halos.

i'm not driving a 5-series, its a damn civic. but i wouldn't mind the cleaner look of the projectors and better lighting capability.

any ideas on where to get them? i couldn't even find TYC's website, much less these lights for the four dour.

anyone know of an equivalent headlamp? no halo, projector with amber markers?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i actually don't know if TYC makes a one-piece for the 4 door EG, but then i never really went looking for those.

one option is to get the "normal" TYC projectors (not the one piece), and then get a set of the newer euro clears by APC. the newer ones have an amber reflector in them, just like the corner lens on those one-pieces, which will give it a similar look. just make sure that if you get those euro clears, that you seal them up nice and tight with some silicone caulk, cause APC is notorious for leaks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that one civic said:
i actually don't know if TYC makes a one-piece for the 4 door EG, but then i never really went looking for those.

one option is to get the "normal" TYC projectors (not the one piece), and then get a set of the newer euro clears by APC. the newer ones have an amber reflector in them, just like the corner lens on those one-pieces, which will give it a similar look. just make sure that if you get those euro clears, that you seal them up nice and tight with some silicone caulk, cause APC is notorious for leaks.
thanks... know where i can find the "normal" (not one piece) projectors from TYC? everywhere i search on the internet shows the 1-piece ones, and unfortunately i dont' know how to search for "not one piece", LoL...

question... will these (below) blue projector's cast a blue light on the road that will be noticed by the cops? or just a light-bluish tint like those crappy HID bulbs?

http://www.matrixracing.com/BI2137Details.htm

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
hmm, i can't seem to find the regular TYC projectors anymore either. it's possible that they stopped producing those ones, because the only "2-piece" design i see by TYC anymore are the MSR (multi surface reflector--just like your stockers) with the clear lenses (as opposed to the scatter shield on your stockers).

you might try finding a set by Denji, those are also really good quality lights.

oh, and those "blue" projectors actually shine yellowish, with a slight blue tint on the edges. the short answer is that it's because the blue tint on the lens itself is caused by a dichroic filter, and blue dichroic filters produce yellow light (interestingly, yellow dichroic filters produce blue light).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that one civic said:
hmm, i can't seem to find the regular TYC projectors anymore either. it's possible that they stopped producing those ones, because the only "2-piece" design i see by TYC anymore are the MSR (multi surface reflector--just like your stockers) with the clear lenses (as opposed to the scatter shield on your stockers).

you might try finding a set by Denji, those are also really good quality lights.

oh, and those "blue" projectors actually shine yellowish, with a slight blue tint on the edges. the short answer is that it's because the blue tint on the lens itself is caused by a dichroic filter, and blue dichroic filters produce yellow light (interestingly, yellow dichroic filters produce blue light).
thanks!

i wonder then if i should go with the clear/blue or clear/clear. how yellow is it? i don't want to be alerting police everywhere i go...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
actually let me clarify something, some projectors with that blue lens shine yellowish, others don't. the ones that do shine yellow, most of them just have a yellowish tint, they won't look like fog lights, but you can definitely see the yellow tinge if you look at the beams. the ones that don't shine yellow, they have a blue tint on the edges of the beam, that's all. some of those projectors do both. in any case, i'd recommend that you just get the clear lenses. if you want yellow headlights, just get a pair of yellow H3 bulbs. for white lights, i'd recommend H3 Silverstars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that one civic said:
actually let me clarify something, some projectors with that blue lens shine yellowish, others don't. the ones that do shine yellow, most of them just have a yellowish tint, they won't look like fog lights, but you can definitely see the yellow tinge if you look at the beams. the ones that don't shine yellow, they have a blue tint on the edges of the beam, that's all. some of those projectors do both. in any case, i'd recommend that you just get the clear lenses. if you want yellow headlights, just get a pair of yellow H3 bulbs. for white lights, i'd recommend H3 Silverstars.
yeah thats along the route i wanted to go.... i was going to get the clear/clear versions and put silverstars in them... but i thought if the blue projectors add a blue tint to the silverstars, that would be cool.

but yellow is out for me.

i'll go clear/clear with silverstars.

thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.