Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night was the 1st time i got to run my b18b in my civic.. i went up against my boyz teg with the same motor, intake and apexi n1 exhaust with no cat... i have the same setup with the tanabe super racing medalion with no cat.. he runs a set of bf goodrich drag radials on the front on some light ass vw rims... im trying to get a good combo for my civic.. i raced him 2 times and got beat very very bad off the line and that i was luanching at 3500 and 4500 i smoked the tires all the way into 3rd gear but then again i have some 2 year old tires with the belts poping out.. Were can i find a place to get a set of those drag radiauls at for a good price?? What rims should i mount them on HX rims?? please let me know whar you guys run to get your cars to hook up good... Thanx!

·
Registered
404 Posts
The biggest single gain will come from better compound tires.

Second biggest gain will come from a limited-slip differential

After that, get some good shocks so that your wheels won't hop. (In truth, the KYB AGX's may be better in this department than the Konis)

After that, you can play with spring rates to move some more weight to the front.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
couple other things to look at are upgrading the anti sway bars, poly motor mount inserts

and if you wanna get crazy with it, there's the new comp enginering radius rods

all will help to rid you of wheel hop

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im running weapon-r coil overs with a mad low drop like 7-8 threads up from the bottom with tokic blues.. wheel hop isnt the problem the tires stay planted to the ground they just sit there and roast em with im slammin the gas after launchin at 3500.. to much power to the 14's i guess i need tires.. like the bf goodrich drag raidles..or however u spell it what rims should i mount them em?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts