Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Im looking to hook up my 93' del sol SOHC vtec its an auto thou :(. I already ordered an intake, lowering springs, strut bars, 9.3mm spark plug wires with iriduim IX spark plugs. What i am wondering is other upgrades to do. I have a few ideas. Of course exhaust was thinking header back,(need to know the stock inlet and outlet on cat thou?) if it isnt 2.25 or 2.5 Ill have to order a test pipe then, which wont be a big deal.!!! Also thinking racing pulleys, cam gear/camshaft, VAFC, bigger fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and bigger fuel rail. Thinking of juicing it also:D. If i do what else would i need to do so i dont mess up my motor!? Hoping to do this all by summer so help me out guys!!! give me ideas and what to watch out for and problems that might happen because i have an auto, and if certain things are even worth it, and other things that may help that i didnt include. And if all goes well when i get an everyday driver i might turbo it next summer(2010) and putting in manual tranny. Thanks guys, and i hope you will help me out!!

· Registered
261 Posts
hahahaha thats funny. :D

but really. need more info from you. what kind of power do you want to make? and how do you want to make it? as for nos.....it is a personal choice. i hate it. it is hard on the motor and costly to fill when a turbo makes more power and you dont have to pay to fill it up every time you step on the gas. weak links.... again depending on what kind of power you want to make. the stock rods are good up to about 220hp. after that they tend to bend or break. the axles will give out at about the same hp as well as the differential in the trans (manual trans) the auto trans is crap get rid of it if you want to make any real power it will just burn out. if your going to try and go all motor and see what you can get out of the little SOHC z6 have fun it is a challenge and lots of people will chuckle at you. lots of people told me i could not get much power out of my Z6 but i managed to get 350hp out of it.... after a lot of work and time, and it is still not finished

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i think ill do the upgrades with the auto that can handle it then, when i get an everyday driver next year ill switch it to manual and turbo it....but what is some good upgrades with auto for time being?....just want ur opinion? because i belong to a club in new england, "NESP" and the honda in the club gave me ideas and the kid knows his shit..

· Registered
261 Posts
ya i think ill do the upgrades with the auto that can handle it then, when i get an everyday driver next year ill switch it to manual and turbo it....but what is some good upgrades with auto for time being?....just want ur opinion? because i belong to a club in new england, "NESP" and the honda in the club gave me ideas and the kid knows his shit..
if you are going to go turbo later there is only so much you can do now not much of witch will give much in the way of HP gains. cams intakes headers ect will just be a waste of money. NA cams will give a loss in HP under turbo and turbo cams will give a loss in HP under NA. pistons are the same way high compression for NA low for turbo. stock is 9.1 to 1. and thats a bit high for any real forced air. ARP head studs will be a waist of time they are a one time use stud so when you go back to build for turbo it will be 100 bucks you wasted. the only thing you can really do that will be useful later is getting bigger injectors and a programmable chip like crome uberdata or hondata to manage the injector change. that VAFC is crap just a toy. you can do some exhaust work but dont waste money on headers you will just throw them away when you get a turbo manifold. the exhaust work will be loud without the turbo inline to help quiet it. where i live it would get you tickets. start collecting parts.; flywheel clutch stronger axles, you can get lightened drive and crank pulleys, a better intake manifold, look for a trans with a LSD in it, all these things are not cheap. dont waste your moneyon NA parts. if your really going to turbo it, do an auto to manual convert first, no one makes a programmable chip for an auto trans ECU for a reason.

· Registered
261 Posts
thanks man!! u prob can answer this question then...what is my inlet and outlet on my stock cat?
i think it is 1.5" but it has been a good long while since i even thought about it. my cat is 3" in 3"out... when you do the exhaust have it done at a custom shop and they will put a new high flow cat in for you. i had mine done 3" from the turbo back cat muffler and all for 280$. if you can find a shop that can do mandrel bending (bending the piping with out putting the kinks in the curves) go with 2.5 mine is not so the piping gets down to 2.5-2.75" in the bends. plus they will find you a set up that gives good flow and is not "ticket me" loud other then the fact you can see my intercooler in the front grill you would not know the car is modded. nice and quiet and the turbo spool it great!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice well im acutally buying a manual transmission from a member in my car club, but i figured id make sure it will fit on my motor. so far all answers led to yes but i figured i put it up here and make sure.....i have a d16z6 motor and the tranny is from a d15 motor, i just want to make sure it will fit because it is a great deal 100.00 bucks for tranny clutch and flywheel. And he will also help me install it!! Will it fit?

· Registered
261 Posts
nice well im acutally buying a manual transmission from a member in my car club, but i figured id make sure it will fit on my motor. so far all answers led to yes but i figured i put it up here and make sure.....i have a d16z6 motor and the tranny is from a d15 motor, i just want to make sure it will fit because it is a great deal 100.00 bucks for tranny clutch and flywheel. And he will also help me install it!! Will it fit?
all the D engines in the del sols will bolt up to any del sol or civic d series engine just make sure it is not a cable clutch if you have a hydro clutch. you are going to need the ECU as well

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry to respond in such a long time, but i did some research and asked around...correct me if im wrong thou with any of this....I am going to do the manual swap bout april/mayish. while doing it im going to get F1 racing stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel or exedy stage 2 clutch with light weight flywheel, not sure bout that quite yet. but i asked bout the ecu...all i need to get is the p28 ecu, basically same as auto ecu but just a manual one. I always am going turbo, if i get this job i should get for spring summer ill deff do it this summer if not prob next spring. But my question to you guys especailly liquidblue since we have the same motor and its turbo'ed i like to know what you did to the motor to prepare it so i dont mess up my engine?...and what is the max psi? with what certain upgrades?....thanks for you help... im thinking bout doing 5 -6 lbs and upgrading my fuel injectors, get a wambro 255 fuel pump, maybe get a cam gear so i can retard the time....let me know what u did exactly!!! u can PM it to me if you dont want to put it on a post. thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.