Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I'm looking for either a 93-97 del sol SI or a 99-00 civic si im wanting to do a rear brake conversion so if you all got the rear disk with suspension bracket let me know e-mail me
[email protected]
can you use integra part? if so that could help your search

· Registered
10,346 Posts
92-00 civic/del sol and 94-01 integra. ebay and craigslist, and salvage yards are your best bet. I got quoted 100 bucks for a complete swap off a 95 teggy, prop valve and lines included, but some fucker bought it before I got there, a waste of a 1.5 hour drive. idiot offered 200 and of course the salvage guy took it.

Reactions: Darkness

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I KNOW they work dude, my civic had a 97 teggy rear brake setup, unfortuantly I didnt have the prop valve and proper lines, so teh rear end lcoked up way before the front.

They DO work, but you need to mix and match parts for the prop valve, lines, and the brackets.

What car and model do you currently have? Basicallly you can use any prop valve thats original to 4 wheel disc, but need to source brake lines fior your chassis.

For help, civic 92-95 is EG, del sol is EJ, and 96-00 civic is EK. Not so sure for the teggy years, but they are DC and DB. Double check, just search google "chassis code honda civic" or "chassis code integra"

Post any more questions you have. a quick google search "rear disc swap civic" turned up a shitload of results. Do a bit of research, nothing sucks more then buying something like that only to find you were a year off from the correct part.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
My civic is long gone dude, and I havent done anything liike that yet to my del sol. but Im gonna be junkyard hopping all week, so if you gimme a short list of general parts, I might be able to look for ya. For most, it is just unbloting the camber and toe arms, then removing the brake lines and lower control arms, then the whole thing came out. USe that to help ya rip as assembly off a JY or salvage car.

Im gonna be looking for a good set of OEM springs and maybe hope to find a riced out honda with some tokicos or skunk2 cleverly painted. Like that will ever happen :lol

good luck, there are good deals out there, dont pay more then 200 bucks for the whole swap, otherwise it aint worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.