Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know this is my first post but I'm just looking for some help from you guys. I just sold my 1999 civic lx and I am looking into buying a GSR or Si (99-00) and I was just looking for some advice on chosing between the two. Thanks

· Registered
5,636 Posts
Hey I know this is my first post but I'm just looking for some help from you guys. I just sold my 1999 civic lx and I am looking into buying a GSR or Si (99-00) and I was just looking for some advice on chosing between the two. Thanks
They're totally different. If you're planning on fucking with it, I'd go with the 6th gen Si (however I am biased) but I've had both and I much preferred working on the civic than the integra. I do like the interior of the teg better, so I think it just depends what you're looking for and what your plans are. Again, just my personal preference. Good luck.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like them both thats why its a tough choice but I don't really plan on doing much to them. I already dumped like 2 grand into my mustang and I don't feel like doing it over again lol. I like the seats in the teg better but the cluster in the si better. If i could just combine the two.....lol But I'm probably going to go with whatever I can find around here thats clean and stock or close to it.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
umm si's are slow even with bolt-ons they're slower than a stock gsr. you're asking in an si forum which car they would pick so your responses are gonna be biased. si's are highly stolen and need alot of work to make remotely fast.

· Registered
49,788 Posts
I like them both thats why its a tough choice but I don't really plan on doing much to them. I already dumped like 2 grand into my mustang and I don't feel like doing it over again lol. I like the seats in the teg better but the cluster in the si better. If i could just combine the two.....lol But I'm probably going to go with whatever I can find around here thats clean and stock or close to it.
you can put the seats from the teg in the si................

· Registered
5,636 Posts
You can put the teg seats in a civic. I also had some del sol seats in my 6th gen civic which I thought were really comfortable. But I'm small, I know other people that have a hard time with the shape.

Again, they're just so different. I was really comfortable in my civic, but found the integra uncomfortable to drive.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i was just saying
he wanted to combine the two
get the si. sell the motor to some rice tool who wants "a vtec" and swap in a b18c1-b18c5.
i do like the way that civic looks though. the ek si's. just think it should've got a better motor

· Registered
1,426 Posts

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Seriously I had a em1 and loved it. But if you can find a gsr for the same price, milage and year get it!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
like the idea of swapping out the motor in the si, but deffinatly don't have the knowledge of how to do it. Will probably end up going with the gsr, sorry to the si guys, but I got alot of info from the other thread on this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.