Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im looking at this crx and was curious of what to look out for. It has about 140k miles but still appears to be runing strong. I am not sure of the maintnence history of the vehicle but motor looks very clean. I also am unsure of the motor it is a single over head cam with the "carb" looking fuel injection. There are a few dings and the paint is chipping a bit around the drivers side rear window. He is asking 1000 but Im sure i can talk him down a bit or do you guys think this is a fair price. Thanks in advanced Scott.

· Registered
260 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. Ill take it your looking for a reliable vehicle to get around in.....................Just be sure to look underneath the vehicle before you hand him the money if your serious about buying, also you could probly get it for 800 or even less if you negotiate him. Chances are its gunna have leaks..............most Hondas over 100K do unless you replace seals...also dont buy a vehicle with major rust issues, I made that mistake on my first 95 dx, Had so much water damage, the day after i bought it (asking price 2G got for 1100) THere was a friggin puddle that submerged all 3 of my foot pedals on drivers side, from the rain the last nite, really bad rust spots and water damage all over. ............You can always swap the motor too if its got a decent body.....

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Swaps are somthing I am not afriad of I have done plenty. That and I talked down the guy to $500 so I think this will work out just great. I also have a b 18 lined up one question I have now is should I try to get a v-tech head or just get a "normal" head since I plan on throwing on a turbo. My plans are after about a year to be making in the neighborhood of 350-400 nice streetable power. Any insight would be awesome thanks in advanced again Scott.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Swaps are somthing I am not afriad of I have done plenty. That and I talked down the guy to $500 so I think this will work out just great. I also have a b 18 lined up one question I have now is should I try to get a v-tech head or just get a "normal" head since I plan on throwing on a turbo. My plans are after about a year to be making in the neighborhood of 350-400 nice streetable power. Any insight would be awesome thanks in advanced again Scott.
Um, search? Theres tons of answers to the question you asked here.

If it were me, dont screw around and waste your time with LS/VTEC garbage. A boosted b18a/b is more than capable of 300+ whp with boost if you read up on how to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.