Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have no clue on what kind of rims to get for my civic...it's a 2000 Si...it's black, and it's stock, just bought a little wing for it the other day and i'm thinking of getting rims for it..i was peeping these on ebay yesterday a friend of mine wants to give me some rims (post the pic when i get home from work) but i am undecided on which would look best.....the ebay ones are kinda cheap, i'm looking to drop about $2,500 - $5,000 on a set just need some advice on which are best to get and what style would look good i am going for something more sleek not too over the top. thanks :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=2443015456

EDIT: fixed the link

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bronze? naaaah i just finished changing my emblems back to chrome they were *shudder* it looks really dumb on mine...i like the chrome and the polished aluminum..not sure how big to go though some ppl are telling me 18's then others say that's too big for a civic go for 16's.....:confused:

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Diana said:
bronze? naaaah i just finished changing my emblems back to chrome they were *shudder* it looks really dumb on mine...i like the chrome and the polished aluminum..not sure how big to go though some ppl are telling me 18's then others say that's too big for a civic go for 16's.....:confused:
well do you want big rims or do you want lighter rims that won't slow you down & make handling worse due to increased rotational mass/unsprung weight?

bronze looks great on black to me.. what about black rims, with or without a chrome lip? maybe even gunmetal..

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
IMO 15-17's look good on your year Civic. 18 IMHO is getting into that "super deformed" look that I'm not too happy about.:p

What stlye rims are you into? 5 spokes thin or wide, 6-10 spokes, mesh, etc. etc. U got a lot of room to play with, considering the amount of money you're planning on spending.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't like the gun metal, black or white rims....

i was thinking 16's - 17's

I don't really care for the weight not using it for racing performace....just want it to look classy. I was looking for something unusual (design on rim) but there's really nothing out there for a civic that i've seen. Plus there aren't many stores specializing in that kinda stuff in the city i am in. I really liked the look of the ones on the link in my first post.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh wow those are nice.....yeah i'm feelin rims like those ones you posted

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol still fearing the sushi! :)

and thanks for the site i'll check it when i get home

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah fish r my friends so i cannot eat them especially raw! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts