Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Looks legit, but I want some experts from SHO to give me the real word... thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&tc=photo&rd=1&item=7946372952&category=36476
What
A
Piece
Of
Shit

First thing that gives it away is "Make in japan" ohhhh you mean "MADE IN JAPAN" ............idiots....

Second thing
"Our 8000K kits are much brighter,whiter and prettier than any other HID bulbs you've ever seen. This is the best best HID you will ever own!! "
Prettier huh? I thought HID was supposed to be functional and bright, not pretty and useless. Brighter and whiter huh? All I see is blue.
Bulbs? No no no, HID uses capsules.....

"JDM Accord Hybrid V6 EX DX 04 05 Xenon HID Conversion"
Wow a true real deal JDM (fake but ok) ACCORD (Or any other car) Hybrid (describes this kit) V6 EX DX 04 05 (Why not s2k, 94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 03..................) Xenon HID Conversion (Okay he at least spelled that right)

Also notice the comparison he makes, the HID look a like bulbs to his conversion kit........well no shit his conversion kit will be brighter.........

Look at his pictures too, all he compares to is some cheap aftermarket bullshit......he makes no comparison to anything that is somewhat reliable or reputable.

Also this was pretty funny too
"We carry a lot JDM part (H.V.S. System add horsepower......etc ,Brighter JDM H.I.D. System any model ,also save Gas /add horsepower M.A.X. Power System ......etc if u wanna more info View seller's other items "

HVS system add horsepower, to what? My gas tank? my farts? my burps?...etc.........so like it makes everything better.
Brighter JDM hid system any model, so what if i want it for my backup lights?
Also save gas/add horsepower.......sorry those two do not go together.

Oh by the way on a personal note, if you want HID that wont be so bullshit, email supervtec98 or supervtec on ebay and he'll hook you up.
Oh and by the way if you put HID in your stock housing you will glare horribly and have a beam pattern equivalent to ass unless you aim them WAY down in which case you defeat the purpose of brighter lights, unless you like looking at your front bumper and your feet.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'm with Kevin, I've seen and been blinded by too many of these HID deals

·
Registered
91 Posts
One thing to remember the higher the Kelvin the less light output u get. So 8000k u won't see sh!t

Reactions: TSM_Pikachu

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so if i shouldn't use stock housing, then what housing do i need to use? I don't want to glare and blind people, but i want nice bright output.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i like that h4 capsule looks like it comes with a glare shield. as for a housing if ur serious about hids u should retrofit a projector in the housing ones that are made 2 handle that intense of a light stock houseings give off to much glare because the hids reflect off all the chrome in the housing causing light to shine in all different directions...

·
Registered
694 Posts
i just got my set from xenondepot.com.
i had a set of mucclloch hids and both burnt out within 2 months. so basically it would hev to be a REALLY kickass deal before i ever bought one of them again.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
theforeman said:
i just got my set from xenondepot.com.
i had a set of mucclloch hids and both burnt out within 2 months. so basically it would hev to be a REALLY kickass deal before i ever bought one of them again.
Funny how everyone seems to have issues with "HID lookalike bulbs" burning out within days, and I ran them for over 1.5 yrs.
I find it almost hilarious that people bitch, whine, piss and moan about their HID real deal bulbs burning out within months because I havent had any of that shit at all and its almost a year with no issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
don't do it...... kits are a bad idea and cop magnets when they are above 4300K.... go to www.hidplanet.com for expert advice.... i recommend doing a valeo retro......

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
jdmcd5accord said:
i like that h4 capsule looks like it comes with a glare shield. as for a housing if ur serious about hids u should retrofit a projector in the housing ones that are made 2 handle that intense of a light stock houseings give off to much glare because the hids reflect off all the chrome in the housing causing light to shine in all different directions...
YEA lol thats whats happening to me now im picking up a set of projectors to retrofit in some time this month

·
Registered
230 Posts
on hid planet, under the forums section, there is a "gerneral" section with a sticky on HID info....... also there is a picture section of tons of examples and how-to photos or retro in progress..........everyone there knows a lot about it and problem solving........excellent site......click below

www.hidplanet.com/forums

1 - 15 of 15 Posts