Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 3000gt SL for sale or trade. Looking to trade for a civic, integra, but will consider all trades. This is not just a regular Non turbo model, the engine and trans were both rebuilt, new clutch with the reman tranny, engine has forged pistons, crank, all new gaskets, water pump, timing belt, etc... Dual stainless catback exhaust(very very loud), blue/green reverse glow gauges in car, new radiator, ball joints, the whole shebang. Foglights, security alarm, MTX amp with 2 10" MTX Thunder subs, Pioneer cd player, new sony xplod 6.5" speakers in front, new 6x9 sony xplod speakers in back, KYB Lowering Struts all the way around. Have over $9,000 in receipts. Car is very fast, and very sleek looking, but does show wear and tear. A few dents on rear quarterpanel, the paint on the rims is chipping off, was painted gunmetal, door panels will need to be replaced. There is 179000 miles on the body, about 16,000 miles on tranny, and about 35,000 miles on engine.

Prefer something with a swap, body kit, etc..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a 2000 Civic Ex. It's red no body kit stock jdm engine and lsd tranny. It has a 5' tech and headers back. It also has blades on it with 235/50/15 on them right now. Also its lowered. I live in VA so if u wanna trade let me know

·
Registered
250 Posts
It would concern me that you are willing to trade a 222hp car stock for a civic, etc... I love 3S's and would trade my Accord in a heart beat, but spray painted wheels, aftermarket fog lamps, etc.. why. Anyways I would like some more details. You said "KYB Lowering Struts". Struts don't lower a car, do you have Kyb's with aftermarket springs? What king of forged internals did you use? Please don't take this wrong just want to get motre info on a sweet platform

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First off, i just said i was interested, not that for sure i was definately gonna trade for his car. KYB does make an adjustable gas strut by the way... The wheels were painted gunnmetal and has started chipping since ive had the car, and there were aftermarket fog lamps hooked into the original fog lamp harness, on the car when i got it. Car has R&R piston kit in it, full engine rebuild, and im not sure what type of crank was put in. Im not taking what you said in a bad way, but im just looking for offers right now, im not guaranteeing anything. I didnt have the engine built myself, the guy before me had it done, but i have every receipt thats been done to the car. It is a sweet ride and there are NO mechanical problems at all, other than the rear brakes are going to need pads soon. No harm done man, its all good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
demonhound69 said:
First off, i just said i was interested, not that for sure i was definately gonna trade for his car. KYB does make an adjustable gas strut by the way... The wheels were painted gunnmetal and has started chipping since ive had the car, and there were aftermarket fog lamps hooked into the original fog lamp harness, on the car when i got it. Car has R&R piston kit in it, full engine rebuild, and im not sure what type of crank was put in. Im not taking what you said in a bad way, but im just looking for offers right now, im not guaranteeing anything. I didnt have the engine built myself, the guy before me had it done, but i have every receipt thats been done to the car. It is a sweet ride and there are NO mechanical problems at all, other than the rear brakes are going to need pads soon. No harm done man, its all good.
Don't take me in a bad way. If this is truly a rebuilt car someone will br very happy. Yes Kyb makes an adjustible gas strut, infact I have the AGX's on my Accord. However they DO NOT make them for the 3000gt. They make the GR2's but those are just a stock replacement. Just to let you know, even the adjustible AGX's do not lower the car they adjust the stiffness. If it has R&R pistons this is the first I have heard they make them for the 3S platform. Since this is a 1st gen 3S the crank is steel. After 93 they went with a forged crank that is much stronger, and that may have been installed. Trust me I know these cars allot more then I know my Honda, hence the reason I was interested. Sorry if I sound like I am calling you out, because that is not my intent, I just want all the information I can gather.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Now you are fucking killing me. So I guess I will call bullshit. Check it out jackasss.http://kyb.com/catalog/index.php?Action=Submit&MakeID=Mitsubishi&ModelID=356&x=41&y=16

OPPS!!!! Guess you fucked up there. Kyb does not make the AGX which is the only adjustible strut they provide for the 3000GT. If you want alittle leason on the 3S platform go to 3SI.org. They might be able to help you. Now if you stated you have Tein Coilovers, then you would have struts/springs that are adjustible and lower the car. But since those are around $1500 I am pretty sure you don't. Anyways if you are going to try and push this piece of shit on guys here at Super Honda do some research before you type :rolleyes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont know waht the fuck your problem is, but you got a serious one. Why the fuck do you have to be a fucking asshole? So what, its not an adjustable strut, its still a KYB strut, and yeah, its my bad that i wasnt sure wich it is. All i know is that i have receipts for everything done to the car, and if you wanna sit here, and fucking run your mouth, stick your goddam ass on the 3si forum, im a honda tuner WHICH is why im selling the 3000gt. So back off, im not trying to fucking hurt anybody, im just trying to sell a car with proof of whats been done to it. Maybe you should back the fuck up, before you jack someone elses thread and decide to burn them for every little mistake they made. Just a little thought there for you. :clap

·
Registered
250 Posts
Next time you question someone do your homework. I personally have already been ripped off on this board. I know my 3S platform and wanted to make my own contribution so it doesn't happen to someone else. So instead of fucking argueing with me perhaps I know what the fuck I am saying here. I can actually help you sell this car, but don't fucking attack me for correcting you. The car is clean and any Honda guy would love the comfort. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.