Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah I need to replace the front bumper and hood on my '05 Accord Sedan and was looking to purchase these parts off of ebay (they come painted, all I have to do is give them my paint code)

Hood
eBay Motors: HONDA ACCORD SEDAN 03-07 HOOD 2003-2005 04 (item 270340273652 end time Feb-14-09 22:13:58 PST)

Front Bumper
eBay Motors: 2003-2005 Honda Accord Front Bumper Painted to Match ! (item 290295854005 end time Mar-13-09 21:29:33 PDT)

Now my only concern is if the paint will match correctly....has anyone bought parts like this from ebay. I am also looking to install these parts with my buddy...they should just be simple bolt on, correct?

I was giong to go get estiamtes from body shops, but I figured this would be the cheapest way of doing it and since they seem like simple bolt on parts they should hopefully line up correctly....let me know tho fellas...thanks

· Banned
1,613 Posts
painted the color of your paint code - and painted to match your car are 2 different things. Painters blend for a reason - if you get your hood painted, they'll also blend into your fenders.

just a heads up so you arn't suprised when your parts don't match the color of your car.

· Registered
304 Posts
yea, it's def. not going to match perfectly, but it will be easier or harder to notice depending on your paint color. if your hood and front bumper are trashed from a wreck or something, the worst thing that could happen is you have to have them re-painted, but at least you would have the parts (probably not as cheap as they could be had though). As far as them lining up, they should line up with a little work, which is to be expected with any piece (especially the hood). Just read the user feedback to see what others have had to say about the person, that should help you see what kind of fitment you can expect, as well as how close the paint usually matches.

· Registered
304 Posts
no, they'll paint just parts, especially if it's a newer car and the whole thing doesn't need painting. (and WVU is correct, the cheap jobs do suck b/c those are the ones where there's not much if any prep and it's a single stage enamel or polyurethane, but they have an option that is around 1000 bucks that uses a base, then clear coat.) Just do all the prep and prime the things, put'em on, and maaco will blend the color into the front fenders and probably the windshield posts and doors.
Or take it to whoever you trust, which is the best option for you to be satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.