Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal, i want to make my car very lightweight. I all ready want to get either a fiberglass or carbon fibre hood, the front bumper is all ready urethane or whatever, but what can i do for fenders, i kinda like the z3 fenders but to many people are starting to get them, so i might buy them since they are fiberglass, and just cover up the insert part of them. Does any one else have any ideas for me that will work for weight loss. oh its a 94 hatch. thanks.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
is this for the street or the strip? if your talking about at the strip you can get really silly, removing the bumper cores and stuff, one piece front ends etc. but if your talking about a street car be carful what all you start removing other wise you'll run into problems with safty checks and the like

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is for the street, kinda off, it will actually be for both, it will be a car that i will take out occasionally, not a daily driver. i live in iowa and we have no type of saftey/emissions/or any other kinda of check, therfore, i have a lot a room to reduce weight. i have seen the front ends but i don't want to go that far just yet.

· Registered
160 Posts
- Sparco Racing Seats
- Removed Rear Seat
- Momo/Sparco Steering Wheel
- Lightweight Rims

· Registered
185 Posts
Take off your sway bars, wipers and the wiper motors, try and get the FAL lexan windows that replace your OEM ones, take out all the carpet and sound deadening material, cut holes in the rear bumper in order to reduce drag, all interior panels, etc. :)

My friends rex is somewhat like this.. Basically nothing but a motor, dash and seats.. 13.7 with a short intake and a B16A. :D

· Registered
145 Posts
If your serious about a WEIGHT REDUCTIOn Do this bro:

1- remove Rear seats
2- remove air conditioning unit/ power steering unit
3- remove front and rear reinforcements
4- Remove all plastic interior pieces
5- carpet
6- lexan windows *rear Only*
7- remove passenger seat

· Registered
1,081 Posts
ya know all this lightening stuff is outta hand, it's really more impressive to go fast with all the extra stuff on your car, to each their own, but after you've gutted your ride and are left with not much more than an ugly shell of a car, it might be fast, but it's still ugly, and the lady's don't dig gutted cars :D

· Registered
69 Posts
to reduce weight, strip the interior .. as in, no NOTHING except for racing seat, take out your AC/HEAT/WIPERS&MOTORS/gut the trunk, you can even take off the dash and strip it hella bare... or just be smart and GET A 50 SHOT OF NOS... also, there is no way in hell that a b16a runs a 13.7 with a shorty i just dont think thats possible, the interior only shaves maybe .7 off the time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.