Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my prelude brothers and sisters out there i lost my prelude about a week ago. I am now the owner of a 2k4 Mazda RX-8:D . this is a sweet ride and i love it but , cant help thinking about who's pushing my lude now. but then i get behind that rotary engine and man thoughts of my lude melt away. ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
TURBO that thing!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no turbo setups out yet

no turbo setups out yet and the warranty thing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The new rotaries are under rated from the factory for ulev emissions. Mazda had a press release telling all owners they would buy back all rx8 for a FULL refund or offer an extended warranty for free. The new wankel only puts out around 159 on the dyno while they advertised 250... The car is still tight as shit though, i just don't like rotaries cause they are notorious for heat soak. I like my reliable honda.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
jdmlude said:
The new rotaries are under rated from the factory for ulev emissions. Mazda had a press release telling all owners they would buy back all rx8 for a FULL refund or offer an extended warranty for free. The new wankel only puts out around 159 on the dyno while they advertised 250... The car is still tight as shit though, i just don't like rotaries cause they are notorious for heat soak. I like my reliable honda.
u mean over-rated:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
overated my ass

dam guyz this is exactly why i didnt like to post here. so many HATERS. talk to me when u get behind the wheel of one ok. until then shut the [email protected]#k up. dam i know the numbers dont look great . The car is still badass though :mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
really, only 159 hp?
you may me thinking of the torque

edmunds.com says 238 hp
those rotaries put out alot of hp, its only a 1.3 litre!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
you people need to be happy for the guy. i feel the same as him because there are so many Z haters out there as well.
TURBO THAT THING!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: overated my ass

slick97lude said:
dam guyz this is exactly why i didnt like to post here. so many HATERS. talk to me when u get behind the wheel of one ok. until then shut the [email protected]#k up. dam i know the numbers dont look great . The car is still badass though :mad:
what the hell you talking about cry baby, that's exactly what I said. Mazda lied about the output but the car is still bad ass. Cry a river Justin Timberlake.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i dont know about happy
maybe a little envious

at first i didnt like the new rx8, but its growing on me
once i saw one on the road, i liked em more

i'd drive it, i think they have 200+ hp

·
Registered
621 Posts
nadskram said:
really, only 159 hp?
you may me thinking of the torque

edmunds.com says 238 hp
those rotaries put out alot of hp, its only a 1.3 litre!!!

No, it was HP.. I tried to find the link over at HT but couldn't. The guy had actual documentation and I believe some sort of MSN news link with the Mazda press release.

·
Registered
510 Posts
this is torque number.
Base Engine Size: 1.3 liters
Base Engine Type: Rotary
Horsepower: 238 hp Max Horsepower: 8500 rpm
Torque: 159 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 5500 rpm
Drive Type: RWD

·
Registered
108 Posts
well if mazda admitted it, why wouldnt they update their website
that would mean they are still falsely advertising, which i doubt

hp:
auto:____197 @ 7200
manual:__ 238 @ 8500

torque:
auto:____164 @ 5000
manual:__ 159 @ 5500

its almost funny that the auto has more torque

i would rather see how the rotary really works
im confused on that one
:confused:

·
Registered
510 Posts
what's the whole point of your post? why are you hating on this beautiful piece of work mazda graced us with?
This is a very nice car and is well worth the money!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
no one is hating but mazda lied about their #'s twice w/ 2 cars...thats not a company i would want to support......anyways if your happy congrats......IMHO i would rather get a STI or 350z/G35

1 - 20 of 27 Posts