Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not a speed demon or anything (in fact i'm far from it ahahah) But a friend of mine just got an 89 crx si the other day. He wanted to race me just to see. I figured I'd lose and it'd be close. That's the way it went. I had almost a car on him, but he pulled in 3rd gear and i was at the middle of his door till the end.
He's completely stock, I have exhaust/intake and a venom 400 chip and 17"s (rota subzeros so weight isn't all the different than stocks).
Should I be losing? Or am I doing something wrong. I don't think the chip is doing anything since its hardcore ****** rigged in there ... I have to do it over and install it right. I had it on, but didn't really notice all that much of a difference.
Please someone give me some hope and tell me if I run it harder I'll win!!!!! Its only my 2nd loss out of a group of about 8 of my friends and now I'm sad ahahah.

PS- I know street racing is dumb ... so it doesn't need to be pointed out. I know these threads are dumb too so that doesn't need to be pointed out ... but can someone just tell me if I have a chance to win, or if I shuoldn't even go back for a 2nd try....

· Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
woops eheh ... guess in the heat of the moment i forgot to mention all that :rolleyes: ... its a 96 EX (5 spd cp).

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Yeah, people gotta watch them old-skoolers, they can embarass you! Very light and good throttle response. A friend of mine has a 90 Civic Si (same engine as your friends CRX) with only I/H/E and ran 15.2 at the track! That's quick enough to beat a 99 Si dohc, obviously enough to whip a basically stock newer EX. The thing is although they have less hp, the torque is about the same and the gearing is probably close too, so the lighter car wins in a short race.

· Registered
271 Posts
oomuskablindoo said:
[BShould ..........I be losing? Or am I doing something wrong. I don't think the chip is doing anything since its in there .HARDCORE ****** RIGGED.. I have to do it over and install it right. I had it on, but didn't really notice .... [/B]
bro this is a group of many races, sexes, and kinds,can we try to watch our racial slurs??

· Registered
14 Posts
Driver

Those old CRX's are light as hell and ur EX weighs a mess and exhaust and intake don't do much. The gearing on ur guy's car is about the same but u definitely have more power and the vtec advantage. yeah ur more powerful at the crank but im guessing he has more hp to the wheels than u do. And if that chip is installed incorrectly it could be confusing ur ECU. Plus 17's look pretty but they slow u down alot. Plus no offense but it could just be the driver.

· Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: lost to 89 crx si last nite

cascivic said:
bro this is a group of many races, sexes, and kinds,can we try to watch our racial slurs??
sorry ... but so you know, i don't exactly consider ****** rigged to be a racial slur, and not too many people that I know do (yes this includes my black friends) ... if i offended anyone, I'm sorry ... my intention was to say it was basically just slapped in there and its a mess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.