Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a 3.5" dual exhaust and lost a lot of horse power... car doesn't kick at all... feels like its slower than stock. NEthing i can do? You think getting a turbo and header might help? what is my best option to match the power loss in the back?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
jonnacraz said:
put a 3.5" dual exhaust and lost a lot of horse power... car doesn't kick at all... feels like its slower than stock. NEthing i can do? You think getting a turbo and header might help? what is my best option to match the power loss in the back?
3.5" is pretty big for even a turbo'd accord. i say, get smaller piping cuz no matter what you do, that's just too big. (unless you're running over 30lbs of boost!)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
theforeman said:
thats a lil bit on the HUGE side
that's what SHE said

hehehe sorry, i couldn't resist :)

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
that's what SHE said

hehehe sorry, i couldn't resist :)
LOL.... but yeah, if you are gonna stay N/A don't go over 2.5''
Even that might make u lose power...depending on what engine you have,....make sure you have at least intake on...and try to get a header.....that is... if you are staying N/A

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
bonestock94 said:
turbo and header. :eek:
you can't have a performance header w/ a turbo.....a custom manifold for turbo is required.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
bonestock94 said:
notice the smiley :eek: .

::sarcasm::
yeah, oops....i was trying to quote his thing, but i was goin thru these threads too fast and just picked your post cuz it was the first thing i saw that said turbo and header in one line :p

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Car will not kick much to begin with and I have no idea why the hell you put a DUAL EXHAUST on a 4cyl car...............
Let alone the 3.5 hahaha My brother had a turbo'ed accord and only ran a straight 3 at the can. 2.5 single all the way back.

And you wonder why you lost power.....

Change to a 2.5 single, and get some engine work done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, by putting the 3.5 on there you lost alot of low end with the torgue because the loss of back pressure...you have more top end though. The only way to keep that exaust is to increase the compression....the car will idle like shit but it will be fast. So I say if you intend on keeping that huge exaust beef up the compression...which mean you basically going to need to blue print the engine and put a turbo on along with lots of other stuff...but if you have the money..no it should be no problem...and if you really got some balls you could even try twin charging it if you can find a supercharger...that will kick you compression soo high you need to do all that stuff and the exaust just to keep it from blowing up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hehe dumbass. Don't ever put duals on a 4cyl honda, specially if its not stock. Why do you think it didn't have it???? Your loss. Live and learn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok, instead of spending like 10,000 bucks trying to fabricate 2 superchargers to run of your engine, which i doubt u could even fit all of that in your engine bay and imo it is just stupid, why don't u go and spend the $50-100 just getting new piping. Boom, bang, bing, your done, simple as that. And i don't really think he is a dumbass unless he goes out and does the same thing again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its called twin charging....which means a turbo and supercharger not 2 superchargers smart guy....you would need a v engine to do put twin turbo or supercharger on. Yes, its alot of money and it is seldom done but it is possible, and yes it will take some work but it will be amazingly fast...someday when I have the money and time I will do it to mine...just to prove I can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're right southpass. That was harsh. My point is to make more people like us think mods through before they do them. If he had taken the time, he would have realized that it was a waste of time and money. Lets all be smart when i comes to our cars, we don't need to perpetuate any stereotypes.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
racer_rcjmtu said:
You're right southpass. That was harsh. My point is to make more people like us think mods through before they do them. If he had taken the time, he would have realized that it was a waste of time and money. Lets all be smart when i comes to our cars, we don't need to perpetuate any stereotypes.
well said :tu:

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
racer_rcjmtu said:
you would need a v engine to do put twin turbo or supercharger on.
Skyline = twinturbo INLINE 6 :D

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
racer_rcjmtu said:
Well, by putting the 3.5 on there you lost alot of low end with the torgue because the loss of back pressure...you have more top end though.
you don't want any back pressure. the reason he lost power with that folgers size piping is because the exhaust flow starts bouncing around in there instead of flowing straight through, not b/c of back pressure loss. engines make more power w/ no header at all (no back pressure) then w/ any particular size of header/piping.
edit: nice car btw, i wish mine was black :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts