Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am in 2nd gear or above and basicly the faster or/and higher rpm, I just to check try to stick it into 1st and for starters its extremly tight going into it (almost imposible) but the main thing is that it makes this loud wistling noise, sorta of like the clutch spining or something along those lines. All the other gears are much quieter and just a very soft sound when shifting through every other gear, but its just 1st that is strange. There is no crunching noise or banging, just spining noise.
What would be the problem in this case? is it the thrust barring or something alse.
Hope my ilistration of my problem was informative enough:) lol

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I dont think it is, I could be wrong though. Its just like downshifting to any other gear. Just make sure your at the right speed before you do it and match your rpm's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
its hard to put in first for a reason
You wouldnt want to somehow accidently put it in first instead of third going 60 miles an hour on the highway tryin to race some one from a drop.. ya know [example] lol..

even if your not going that fast.. i dunno i never put it in first unless im almost at a dead stop because it just doesnt feel right..

as far as the whistle, do you still hear it a little bit at certain RMP ranges in the other gears?
if not then id prolly not put it in first anymore :}~

<3elise

·
Registered
57 Posts
lol yeah i agree with him dont put it in first unless you absolutely have to

Or if you are Fawking Rich...Take it to a shop!!!???:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts