Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my dilemma: i'm only going for 200-220whp in my setup, so i don't need an equal length tubular. but what log style mani should i go for?
-lovefab shorty (SS) - $299 new
-used cast mani (revhard/maxrev/greddy...) - 250-300 used
-custom ss log mani (welded by professional, he's working out a price now, i expect it to be a bit cheaper than the lovefab)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i loved my Maxrev for a log manifold, the shorty flows ood too, but is an eye sore. the rest of his manifolds are the shit , i dont knwo why the shorty looks like ass though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think those pics look like ass because they are of the old mild steel shorty (at least thats what i gather from the pics on the website). so would you trust a ss log manifold from someone who doesn't normally do this kind of work? he's great at welding, and says he can do it, but only according to my specs. should i just go with a brand name cast one to be safe?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i have and continue to use ss manifolds. i wouldnt get oen from just anyjoe that can weld , his arent proven to gflow right. these are. if your on a budget and dont mind not optimizing your set up thne the joe schmo manifold would be fine

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the info. personally i dont see how you could go wrong building a ss log mani, the design is simple, so as long as the welds are strong and smooth it should work fine. i'll see what this guys price is going to be first then decide.
anyone know what a new revhard mani goes for? emailed them but no response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts