Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
accelleration sux until like 3k rpms.....anyway to fix this...i got cold air intake, powercore 4-2-1 headers...custom catback exhaust....anyone can help? is there places i can get my timing checked for free in ny?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
spunky424 said:
accelleration sux until like 3k rpms.....anyway to fix this...i got cold air intake, powercore 4-2-1 headers...custom catback exhaust....anyone can help? is there places i can get my timing checked for free in ny?
Yea that happened to me when I got my custom cat-back exhaust. Then I added a 2.25" resonated test pipe and I gained my low end back. If you have emissions get a high flow cat, I think that will help.

·
Registered
226 Posts
low-end power...supercharger

not much you can do to increase low end power with simple mods, and if you plan on tearing your engine apart to get that power, might as well throw the super on.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Or just get a b18 motor. Good low end torque with enough high end hp. The LS has a little bit more torque, which I like. Or you could just get 4-1 headers, might help a little. Maybe you could advance timing, upgrade ignition and cam shafts and gears to help out a little.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
it's been stated before but people are still suggesting stupid mods that will cost money and not get you any power at all.
A Jackson Racing Supercharger is just about the only thing that will get you instant on low end power in a honda motor. realize however that the higher rpm range is where these motor's really come into their own. low end power is something they'll not produce much of.

·
Registered
494 Posts
jai si said:
Or just get a b18 motor. Good low end torque with enough high end hp. The LS has a little bit more torque, which I like. Or you could just get 4-1 headers, might help a little. Maybe you could advance timing, upgrade ignition and cam shafts and gears to help out a little.
I think you mean the 4-2-1 header. Those are "supposed" to be designed for low to mid-range torque. The 4-1 is made for high-end horsepower only. There still isn't much of a difference between the two anyways. I say the honda engine was made for top end and not low end. That's why your car is made to scream in the top end.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My car screams nothing in the top end. Most of the time when I stay ahead of cars it's in the low end. That low end torque is usually enough to put me ahead of cars, and usually I'll stay there if I get there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
jai si said:
My car screams nothing in the top end. Most of the time when I stay ahead of cars it's in the low end. That low end torque is usually enough to put me ahead of cars, and usually I'll stay there if I get there.
Well I know that 4-1 header didn't do anything for the low end torque. Do you still have the 1.6 SOHC VTEC in your car? There factory torque isn't for shit. A decent amount of torque would be 200 lb/ft. Of course with our hondas, that is usually the HP at about 6800 rpm or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.