Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the black plastic grill with a mesh grill on Mmy 93 sedan like people do on the 96-00 civics? Civickid77 did it on his but he has a 99 and i want to know if i can do the same thing to mine, if it can be done, is it done the same way? Are there any instructions online anywhere? thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
I dont believe you can replace it... I custom made my own grill on my 1992 4 door... I just glued it on... check out my website for pics

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KBoomBoxx said:
I dont believe you can replace it... I custom made my own grill on my 1992 4 door... I just glued it on... check out my website for pics
Did you glue it in front or behind? Did you use actual glue or liquid nails?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that - appreciate it.:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
the 5th gen sedans are a bit different... if you try to use the same method, the mesh is so far in back that you can barely see it from far or close up... for the 5th gen sedans, my recommendation would be to either go to ebay and buy the mesh pre-cut or better yet, buy the gutter guard from home depot for $4.95 and custom fit it yourself... I ised liquid nail and glued it in front, but I used the liquid nail that is sandable and paintable... works like a charm... you decide what you want, but once yo take off the bumper, you will see what I mean

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sounds like this is going to be...entertaining!!:D
Actually, I think that sounds like the way my boyfriend did his - I know he got the stuff from Home Depot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOPS! Sorry baby - didn't know I was posting that last reply as you!! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts