Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering is there a non ac drivers side botom motor mount(torque mount) that does not have the heavy ac cast iron barcket? also is the mount that comes off of the ac bracket even nessecary. i was told it was there to help stop wheel hop. the only reason i ask is a bought the energy suspention kit and it comes with incerts for the two lower mounts but not the upper mounts

thankyou

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
There is actually a lighter JDM Type R aluminum bracket to replace this one since they didn't have A/C (I'm not joking here), but it's spendy b/c it's so hard to find... something like $200 I believe.

I've been told by some people that it's not necessary, but last weekend one of my Honda dealership mechanic friends told me to put that shit back on, and another one of my Honda dealership mechanic friends told me it was probably a good idea to have it on, especially since I'm beating on it in 1st and 2nd gear with race tires and an LSD and a halfway-decent amount of torque every weekend. So yeah, grit your teeth and keep that ugly, heavy-as-all-hell POS on there. :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thats fine i will just weld up a bracket so i dont have to use the cast iron one. i bought the energy suspention incert so i might as well use it.

but hey i have one more question....how the He!! do i get the rear motor mount off without pulling the whole motor :eek

i can pull it if i have to but i just put the thing back in so i am not looking foward to takeing it out.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have the jdm a/c bracket. it weighs 2.4 lbs vs. the stock 7. Its only 100 bucks on jdmland.com and i told you months ago to put that back on whitels.
to get to the rear mount i did mine when i had my tranny out. but you could also just take the Intake manifold off to get to it easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.