Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my integ now for like 3 weeks and i bouthgt it already lowered. A friend of mines told me that when your car is lowered that you feel street imperfections a lot like bumps messed up roads etc. But when i drive on a messed up street the bumps are extremly hard and the car really feels it, sometimes it makes a loud BOOM sound. IS that normal with a lowered car? I think i wanna redo the suspension. I dont know what i will probably need though. Need Help

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lowering and bumps

is bottoming out very bad for the suspension? after last night i hear a kind of clinging sound coming from the left front side. ITs not loud or anything but i can kind of hear it a little. I was thinking maybe i might need some better shocks.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Re: lowering and bumps

PoloDREAMZ2000 said:
is bottoming out very bad for the suspension? after last night i hear a kind of clinging sound coming from the left front side. ITs not loud or anything but i can kind of hear it a little. I was thinking maybe i might need some better shocks.
Bottoming out your shocks will reduce the life span...to remedy your probelm a set of new shcoks are needed. Anything from tokico, kyb,etc will do.

A shock has only so much travel...since a stock shock isnt designed for lowered springs..the compression of the shocks causes it to travel to much for it to ahndle, causing it to bottom-out.

Heres an eample:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.