Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so i drive a 94 teg and last summer i bought some 18" adr rims and there is not all that much room beetween my wheel well and the tire but there is enough to where it doesnt rub......and i want to lower my car but dont know if it will be alright....i want to get coilovers instead of lowering springs also because one they are cheaper and two i live up north so there is snow for 5 months of the year and i need to be able to get around in my car if my plan for getting a shitter truck falls through....with 18's will i be able to lower my car?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
how wide are those 18's?
what offset are they?
what size tires do you have on them?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
how wide are those 18's?
what offset are they?
what size tires do you have on them?
that and cheap coilovers=no no. If you drive in the snow you should get snow tires on you stock rims b/c performance tires really suck on the snow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Prelude94' said:
that and cheap coilovers=no no. If you drive in the snow you should get snow tires on you stock rims b/c performance tires really suck on the snow.
What he said, or you could just get rid of the 18's and get some smaller rims. When you lower your car dont buy cheap shit because chances are they will break or they are junk. You can get yourself a nice set of lowering springs for under 200 or get them used for half the price.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Itlll work out......heres whatyou have to do:

-roll the fenders
-make sure the rims dimensions can fit into the fender area; the info should be found in the owners manual
-tire size does play a part, so make sure you take that into account when calculating
-adjust the coil-overs to fit your liking, of course you cant go too low or else you wont be able to turn your wheel....bumps in the road will cause wheel hop and the rubber will definately hit the fender, overtime causing the tire to shred

And when snow season comes adjust the hieght of your ride so its not snow plow....change your tires/wheels as necessary

good luck,

J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.