Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up. I'm thinking bout lowering my 4th gen 2 door lx. Will 94-97 Springs Fit perfectly on a 90-93 Accord? I'm not talking bout the V6 ones. Because I found a pretty good deal and was thinking to get it done.

Also...i've got some brand spanking new tires...but if I lower my car with some Neuspeed Sport Springs (1.75F, 1.5R) will i need a camber kit? Would maybe an alignment bring the camber back into line? I really dont want to jack up my camber because the tires are brand new(and damn expensive!!).

Thanks for the help.

-Nas

·
Registered
575 Posts
most springs apply to 90-97 accords. but check the part numbers just to be sure.

when i lowered my car with H&R sports (1.5/1.75), i had pretty bad camber problems. unusual for that drop but it did happen.

safest thing to do is to lower it, align it and see how you are from there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uncle_el did you get an alignment done after you lowered it or what? have any pics of your car with those springs? Thanks a lot
-Nas

·
Registered
231 Posts
nas00 said:
very nice
thank for all your help
17's???
i have 15 inch 94 EX alloys
i have a Eibach Prokit and with 15 Ex rims and it is low enough for me, i think it is the perfect drop with 15s.

·
Registered
888 Posts
First of all, I am biased to lowering a car without adding a camber kit the first time around. When you lower your car (whatever drop) it automatically gives it a negative camber; which in effect gives you uneven tire wear. An alignment will not correct the camber; that's why they make camber kits.

You're better off doing things right the first time and be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
118 Posts
coil overs will fit on 90-97 accords. But just springs will not fit you have to use 90-93 springs. I tried before and the rear springs are to big daimeter wise and won't sit on the strut properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts