Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting sick of this hideous wheel gap with my new rims and tires (195/55 w/ 15" Enkei pkr) so it's time to lower this thing. I'm not going with coilovers or adjustable shocks seeing how this isn't a track car, just a regular DD that's also winter driven. I have narrowed it down to either Tokico blues or Koni srt.t's (supposedly the koni srt.t's are equivalent to yellows set on the soft setting?), what I'd like to know is what springs would be a good match for the two. I'm thinking of possibly getting tein s tech springs or H&R sport. What throws me off is some sites say it'll give this much drop and another says it'll give that much, I emailed tein but who knows how long it'll take to get a reply. I know non adjustable shocks can only handle up to 1.5 of a drop (supposedly Tokicos can handle 1.75?) and that's maxed out. So what springs do you guys recommend that will give it a decent drop without maxxing out and killing the shocks?? I also see you usually need to cut the bump stop when putting them in, is there any other parts of the upper strut assembly that needs to be replaced/modified when doing this? Are stock bushings alright with aftermarket shock and springs or should those be replaced too? Lol 50 questions I know, just want to make sure I have everything needed for it. And yes I have done my research :lmao Thanks

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Kyb agx shocks, (they are 4 way adjustable), ebiach pro springs have a slightly larger advertised drop 1.2 inch I think. Where h&r is .75

While you are doing a modification such as this you should take a little extra money and time to upgrade the bushings to polyurethane. Energy suspension makes master kits for our cars check them out.

A rear tower brace or larger rear anti sway bar would also compliment these modifications.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about those shocks, I've read some bad reviews on them. Yeah definitely going to look into bushings and possibly a tie bar. I'm just trying to find a good setup that won't cost too much and give an alright drop. What suspension setup do you have Mort?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I have stock suspension.

Bilstien hd shocks are good if you don't like kyb brand. There will be bad reviews on almost any manufactures product on the internet. Also most people aren't ASE certified mechanics and can't really make a good informed post IMO about the product they installed. Most people on the internet don't have a clue.

Check reviews on tirerack.com they usually have a good base of customers that give reviews on various products. Look at multiple manufactures product reviews and choose who has the best averages of positive ones.

You can call the manufactures and question them about a product as well, a 2 min e-mail can give you insight into products that you will never find on the internet. Such as material used to make their product.

An example is VW uses a rubber in their cars that my factory produces, while its a better rubber base(epdm) its one of our cheapest versions and it rather shitty. Lol. Just saying it does pay to do your homework.

You can just prefab an e-mail to.everyone heh. Usually 3 responses back and forth and you can get almost all the information you want. Just make sure you tell them you want technical specifications for everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts