Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im curious as to if there is a way to lower my car without buying a suspension upgrade... my friend told me that there is a way to drop ur vehicle about an inch max, but a guy on his dakota forum refused to tell him how...

so im justs curious if any of you know how.

Edit: And also, does anyone know if the autozone specials are any good? because i can afford those lol..

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
the autozone stuff is garbage, you could cut your springs to lower the car, but that is some repugnant ass shit, and you dont want to do that

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my friend asked the guy about it, all he told him was that u dont heat it up, u dont cut it, u just tweak something... i am curious what u tweak...

but ya i figured the autozone things would be shit...

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
on a truck that has torsion bars, you can crank those down or up a lil bit, but hondas dont have those, you could take some air out of your tires :hehe

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that may be what hes talkin about.... but who knows...

gonna be busy for a long ass while... friend just bought a 350 for his firebird... so we are gonna pull his 305 and swap in the 350 our selves... and we are noobs at this... so this will be fun.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes but the biggest thing we have done was replace the radiator and its components our selves... and that took us a while to figure out haha... so ya this will really be interesting...

OH OH and im turning 18 sooooon! may 6th! that means strip clubs! (dirty hairy ones here... PERFECT!) and that means i get to enlist... which means im 1 step closer to my dream car!

·
Registered
518 Posts
good idea 305s are really poopy engines, should of tossed a 327 in, but 350 are almost as good, easier to get parts for, even thou none of those old chevys are hard to get parts for. :lol2

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya he was thinkin about a 327... but decided to go with the 350... and whats funny is his car can only beat me by about 1/2 a car length... which is the same as what my friends 95 240 beat me.. and both of those cars had an intake and exhaust, while mine was stock hehe...

and im getting my car back wednesday or thursday... with some mb motorsport? i think thats the brand rims... they are the ones called boost (they are a lil lighter than gunmetal, not the gold ones or nothin tehehe) ... i think they look ok... alot better than the stock ones... sadly they are only 15s though... but i just payed like 250 for tires... so i didnt want to pay around 500 for some more... so just went with the 15s...

but ya... soon as i enlist, and after im outa basic and ait, im trading the ol civic in for a 03 350z... always wanted one... since they came out haha... and ya the civic will prolly go for the down payment, then ill just make payments on it...

and wow i just wrote a whole book!

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
det414 said:
HAHA
back to the topic they do make little clamps that can clamp two coils together that will lower it about 1/2"-1" but I don't recomend them.
They are better than heating or cutting springs because you can take them back off when you relize how dumb they are.
BFK_SI_EG said:
on a truck that has torsion bars, you can crank those down or up a lil bit, but hondas dont have those,
First gen CRX's do, owned, J/K :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehehe i wouldnt trust those.. again, with my friends firebird... he just got side pipes put on, and they literally sat like 3 inches above the ground at the most... so basicly every bump, it would scrape, so we went and bought some of those little rubber things from auto zone, supposed to raise ur car 2 inches, and he just wanted it in the back... well we got em installed, drove around with it for about 15 min, and the ones on the passenger side popped off... because the rubber or whatever the shit was tore lol... so basicly i would guess something similar would happen with those clamps...

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
The clamps have a bolt on both sides of the coil, I used them on my new yorker for about 2yrs and they never game me any problems besides some noise when you hit bumps, if you are gonna put them on a beater then they are ok, but I don't know if a civic has enough room between the coil and shock for them. I know my rex didn't lol

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
ATISTANG said:
HAHA
back to the topic they do make little clamps that can clamp two coils together that will lower it about 1/2"-1" but I don't recomend them.
They are better than heating or cutting springs because you can take them back off when you relize how dumb they are.

First gen CRX's do, owned, J/K :D
snap :bomb

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
so after reading everything.....we should all come to the conclusion:

1) don't cut/heat the springs
2) don't use clamp things
3) don't buy cheap springs
4) buy real lowering springs froma reputable company

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jobs around here that are hiring suck... im not gonna work for about 5 an hour... but im turning 18 in like 2 weeks or so? ahh close enough.. so that means ill have about 20 - 30 more jobs around here that i can apply for... and im gonna try and work at meeks... or some place that pays 8+ an hour starting...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.