Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
92civy said:
lowering springs and stock strut help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am looking into buying lowering springs but do i need to buy stuts also?
how is the handling without aftermarket struts?
will 2.5" lowering springs work with kyb gr2?
will 2.5" lowering springs work with stock struts?

92 civic lx 4 door
Neither of those shocks will be able to handle that drop. Your only real option going that low is Koni, Bilstein, etc. Those will "work" in that they will fit and your car will still function... but it is far from recommended. Don't waste any time/money with GR2s no matter how low you're going. Why are you going that low anyway? I wouldn't recommend that either....

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
hprelude5r said:
Yes you need springs. Don't try to take an easy way out.

Modifying cars is a big boy hobby. You can't take the cheap ricer way out. Do it right once, or find another hobby.
I think you meant to say "shocks" but yeah exactly right.

The GR2s are kind of the worst of both worlds... they perform like stock but they're aftermarket. With a 1.25-1.5" drop (far more recommended) you'd do fine with Tokico blues or Koni reds. Pretty much anything below 2" is just too much if you expect your car to actually handle and ride well.

The Neuspeed or H&R Sports lower about 1.75" and are a nice compromise, although the Tokicos get leaky and the warranty is void past the 1.5" point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.