Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all im new here..

i was wondering if you guys could help me with a lowering springs decision..
im stuck between the Tanabe DF210s and the Tein S-techs

I dont know too much about tanabe, but what i do know is really good.
the teins are a little more popular, but ive heard some bad things though..

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The only bad things I have ever heard about Tein was "Damn, I wish I had bought these first, then I wouldn't have had sooo many problems with my (insert other crap here)" I run on Tein SS with Tein tops...... :D (That's me drivin on em)

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I like H&R springs......more than tanabe or tein. I own tein SS coilovers. No big complaints with them. I have also owned skunk2 coilovers, tanabe pro sustec coilovers, H&R race springs, Neuspeed sport springs.

H&R springs are nice...neuspeed isn't bad. I would stay away from tanabe...and tein is in the middle.

I would go with H&R Sport springs.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
Eibach Pro Kit with Koni Yellows or Tokico Adjustables. :btu
How original :rolleyes .. its a good setup, but just soo played out ..

If I was you id hit up the Tanabe Springs. sooo hott.. and better than TEIN IMO. They even go as far as to include performance bump stops! :hug Your not supposed to really know this but Tanabe makes springs/shox/coilovers far a lot of companys and slaps their logo on it. From what I understand Tanabe is one of very very very few with the million dollar machinary to make all these components.

"
Sustec 210 Technology: DF210 Lowdown Spring

All of our coil springs feature SUSTEC 210 Technology. Sustec 210 Technology is a series of manufacturing methods developed to create a stronger, thinner, and lighter spring using only high tensile steel, without adding additional elements that could affect quality, durability, or price. "210" stands for 2100n/m of tensile strength, which is the highest strength ever acheived in a coil spring.The Tanabe Shiga factory in Japan is home to some of the most advanced, unique coil spring machines and processes in the world! "

As far as H&R .. Im not to fond of them after I found out they want you to keep the full length bumpstops and that they utilize it as an active spring in there setup. IMO they might be trying to bring Euro concepts to the Japanese market but in the end I feel the Japanese tuners know what there doing mmore than them.. (Kind of like Moroso or Edelbrock for Hondas .. sure there good parts .. but they grew up with 50 yrs of Muscle tuning .. so its hard for them to think outside the box and try to adapt those concepts to the Japanese imports .. but usually leave out key elements such as light weight and aerodynamics)

TEINs good but I still think Tanabe may be better. Also TEIN is extremely popular which wont make your car very unique.

Eibach and Neuspeed are very good but again Euro brands that like Tanabe says might not consider super strength, thin-ness or lightness in there equations even tho the handling and ride may be very good.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
TOP END MS said:
How original :rolleyes .. its a good setup, but just soo played out ..

If I was you id hit up the Tanabe Springs. sooo hott.. and better than TEIN IMO. They even go as far as to include performance bump stops! :hug Your not supposed to really know this but Tanabe makes springs/shox/coilovers far a lot of companys and slaps their logo on it. From what I understand Tanabe is one of very very very few with the million dollar machinary to make all these components.

"
Sustec 210 Technology: DF210 Lowdown Spring

All of our coil springs feature SUSTEC 210 Technology. Sustec 210 Technology is a series of manufacturing methods developed to create a stronger, thinner, and lighter spring using only high tensile steel, without adding additional elements that could affect quality, durability, or price. "210" stands for 2100n/m of tensile strength, which is the highest strength ever acheived in a coil spring.The Tanabe Shiga factory in Japan is home to some of the most advanced, unique coil spring machines and processes in the world! "

As far as H&R .. Im not to fond of them after I found out they want you to keep the full length bumpstops and that they utilize it as an active spring in there setup. IMO they might be trying to bring Euro concepts to the Japanese market but in the end I feel the Japanese tuners know what there doing mmore than them.. (Kind of like Moroso or Edelbrock for Hondas .. sure there good parts .. but they grew up with 50 yrs of Muscle tuning .. so its hard for them to think outside the box and try to adapt those concepts to the Japanese imports .. but usually leave out key elements such as light weight and aerodynamics)

TEINs good but I still think Tanabe may be better. Also TEIN is extremely popular which wont make your car very unique.

Eibach and Neuspeed are very good but again Euro brands that like Tanabe says might not consider super strength, thin-ness or lightness in there equations even tho the handling and ride may be very good.
A good suspension setup will never be too played out. Unless you are the type of people that are always buying what's recent in the market. Eibach ProKit is amazing, gives a very nice drop and good suspension. It hardly goes hard on the bushings and ball joints and is a great upgrade.

***edit*** The pic below isn't updated with my suspension setup.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Someone is pimpin El Rancho's new Import 4X4 supreme package, with off road capabilities....

:clap :clap :clap

:eek

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
The Todd said:
thanks topend. you really helped me out a lot.
df210 it is!
so someone who says something is played out is helpful? A lot of things "are played out." I wouldn't think suspensions is one to get a "rare" set-up with. I personally have neuspeed sports w/ koni yellows and i love it. H&R sport is also a nice spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.