Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i lowerd the car( 94 accord lx)..and the strut has about 3 inches of travel from the top of the strut housing to the to wheelwel of the car....so ovesly i need some stiffer struts..i was looking at the kyb agx gas struts and i was wondering if the housing was a lil shorter so i'd get more travel or if the strut would be stiff enough so that not much travel is needed.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
daloyal1 said:
so i lowerd the car( 94 accord lx)..and the strut has about 3 inches of travel from the top of the strut housing to the to wheelwel of the car....so ovesly i need some stiffer struts..i was looking at the kyb agx gas struts and i was wondering if the housing was a lil shorter so i'd get more travel or if the strut would be stiff enough so that not much travel is needed.
WOW! you win dumbass award of the year! if i understand you correctly, then you have installed a set of lowering springs on stock struts? if thast the case then you need to not drive your car untill you have purchased a GOOD set of shocks if you continue to drive your car you risk the chance of blowing ur stock shocks thus resulting in a world of other problems. you should really research your projects before to attempt them and attempt the poorly like you have done.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
3 inches is plenty of travel...is this measurement with or without the bumpstops? are you bottoming out?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
WOW! you win dumbass award of the year! if i understand you correctly, then you have installed a set of lowering springs on stock struts? if thast the case then you need to not drive your car untill you have purchased a GOOD set of shocks if you continue to drive your car you risk the chance of blowing ur stock shocks thus resulting in a world of other problems. you should really research your projects before to attempt them and attempt the poorly like you have done.
Ive been riding on my stock shocks for over a year now, dropped about 2 inches on some sprint springs. I was expecting them to go out so I could get new ones but they havent gone out, so i havent bothered.

As for the amount of suspension travel you have, getting a new shock/strut will not change it. It will however help it not travel as much as it would with your stock shock. Are you bottoming out right now and how much are you dropped and on what?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
WaLLeYeMan said:
Ive been riding on my stock shocks for over a year now, dropped about 2 inches on some sprint springs. I was expecting them to go out so I could get new ones but they havent gone out, so i havent bothered.

As for the amount of suspension travel you have, getting a new shock/strut will not change it. It will however help it not travel as much as it would with your stock shock. Are you bottoming out right now and how much are you dropped and on what?

im not bottoming out. im ridding on eibach sportline springs, tokico blue gas shocks, energy suspension complete bushing set, progress, rear antisway bar, and nuespeed front upper tie brace. my suspension rides fine :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
im not bottoming out. im ridding on eibach sportline springs, tokico blue gas shocks, energy suspension complete bushing set, progress, rear antisway bar, and nuespeed front upper tie brace. my suspension rides fine :)
wtf? nobody cares

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HyperFlow02 said:
mann i hate when dumb asses come on here and talk shit...Shut Da Fuck Up..i'm doing the posting for a freind of mine...i've seen the same cars get lowered using the stock struts and run smoothly.....so b4 u come talking shit make sure ur assement of ur info is up to date..
as for the car...we dropped the front like a day b4 we did the rear...and the front rode alright...a lil bouncy but u could harldy notice....as for the rear the slightest bump..and it bottoms out....were using coilovers...the rear coilover is raised all the way up..and the bump stops have been removed..so i figure the struts we bad from the get go but u couldn't notice with the stock springs...even so i was jus wondering if the kybs could peform well with three inches of travel.i'll post pictures of how the car looks in a lil bit

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
daloyal1 said:
mann i hate when dumb asses come on here and talk shit...Shut Da Fuck Up..i'm doing the posting for a freind of mine...i've seen the same cars get lowered using the stock struts and run smoothly.....so b4 u come talking shit make sure ur assement of ur info is up to date..
as for the car...we dropped the front like a day b4 we did the rear...and the front rode alright...a lil bouncy but u could harldy notice....as for the rear the slightest bump..and it bottoms out....were using coilovers...the rear coilover is raised all the way up..and the bump stops have been removed..so i figure the struts we bad from the get go but u couldn't notice with the stock springs...even so i was jus wondering if the kybs could peform well with three inches of travel.i'll post pictures of how the car looks in a lil bit

if you knew anything about suspension, then you would know, lowering a car w/out adding lowering shocks will NOt give you the quaility ride or the handeling that belongs to a car with the proper set up.

the only reason i stated my cars suspension set up is b/c i thought that someone their previous post asked what i was riding on :confused my bad

oh and i do know what im talking about :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Coilovers suck ass and WILL BLOW your shocks. You need to replace them with shorter/stiffer aftermaket ones. Only cars I've seen without their shocks going are cars with good springs. The spring rate on the coilovers are usually really high so the ride wont be nice and confortable. You should read up on the suspension stickies.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the stock struts are not valved to take the higher spring rate of decent performance springs. if the lowering springs are really soft, then the stock struts will last a bit longer, but still not that long depending on how many miles you drive.

stay away from the cheap stuff...and ALWAYS do the full tower at once. it saves a LOT of headaches down the line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.