Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading on some threads and ive read that some people have said that LS engines are DOHC? I have A 95 LS but its SOHC , so whats up with that? and also since i only got one cam , how much would an AEM cam do for me , would it give me any more power , thanks yall

· Banned
2,834 Posts
WRONG!

Who told you it was SOHC?

The 95 LS is a B18B1 series motor which IS DOHC...

Unless someone swapped out your motor for something like a D16Z6 which although a SOHC was Vtec equipped but, a rather poor performer...

Crowers Cams are a better choice for the B18B1 motor

A.

· Registered
46 Posts
I think My Friends Is SOHC but im not to sure about that

· Registered
46 Posts
No , IntegVTCGSR`s is a 95 LS , and my friends was a 96 LS and he said it was SOHC , but i am not sure , but shouldnt you be able to look and tell?

· Registered
566 Posts
yeah, if you have any knowledge on motors, you should be able to glance at them and tell the difference. It's kinda hard to explain if you don't know much about them, but let's put it this way...

Do you know where the spark plug wires are?

If so, where are they located? If it's SOHC, they should be on either side of the valve cover. DOHC motors have them exactly in the middle of the valve cover.

Here's a pic of a SOHC:

Here's a pic of DOHC (ignore the arrows):

· Registered
13,201 Posts
ALL Integras are DOHC; don't know what your friend has but I can guarentee they are DOHC, unless he got ripped off and someone "swapped" a SOHC engine in there..don't know why they would...but whatever...

Gen III

RS/LS/GS/SE
1.8L, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC

GSR, Type R
1.8L, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC VTEC

Haha hell, even the older Gen I and Gen II got DOHC in them. :D :D

Jason

· Registered
445 Posts
"i only got one cam , how much would an AEM cam do for me "

AEM doesn't make cams for it. They make cam gears

sorry too say I feel sad for ya man. An Integra LS with a SOHC. You ain't going no where.

· Registered
14,616 Posts
allmotor_integ said:
"i only got one cam , how much would an AEM cam do for me "

AEM doesn't make cams for it. They make cam gears

sorry too say I feel sad for ya man. An Integra LS with a SOHC. You ain't going no where.
a single overhead cam engine can still benefit from upgrading the cam, and AEM only makes one cam gear for SOHC cars.

as for your LS, like everybody already posted, unless somebody did a very unlikely and difficult swap, it has two cams.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
and even if u r still considering gettin a cam gear, dont get the aem. It only has 3 bolts, and there have been cases of it slipping. You should get somthin like a skunk2 gear with 4 bolts.

· Registered
11 Posts
SOHC

a SOCH Integra? Never heard of it and hopefully wont again. All integra's from '94 on have DOCH. Now if u have the older models which aren't considered the B series they do have a single overhead cam. Now if u have one that is SOCH you most def want to check taht out.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Re: soch

InLS99 said:
sorry for that i have heard of a SOCH integra. im just talking about the newer models .
You have? Then why not tell us which one you have heard is or was SOHC?

This is Moot anyways, there weren't and aren't ANY, they were and are ALL DOHC stock. Why anyone would swap it out for a SOHC is beyond me.

A.

· Registered
14,616 Posts
Re: SOHC

InLS99 said:
Now if u have the older models which aren't considered the B series they do have a single overhead cam.
wrong. please don't misinform people.

· Registered
13,201 Posts
This is still going on....?

Every generation of Integras have DOHC in them, there is no such thing as SOHC Integras

Gen I 1986-1989
D16A1
1.6L, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC

Gen II 1990-1993
B18A/B B17A
1.8L, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC GSR=VTEC

Gen III 1994-2001
B18B1 B18C1/C5
1.8L, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC GSR/Type R=VTEC

Jason

· Registered
2,106 Posts
a picture of your engine bay is required.

does your car have a big black valve cover that has these sort of squares on them?

with just honda motor co. on the front edge? then its dohc.

there have been zc engines in jdm integras (base model) team integra has lists of all the specs on jdm cars now...

but ur USDM dc4 has to have a DOHC engine unless someone was a bastard and put his civic motor in ur car after he put the integra's motor into his civic...

· Registered
11 Posts
sohc

whoa sorry bout that folks i dont know what the hell i was thinking. I was thinking bout the civic and not the integra. The civic come either sohc or dohc. looking back it seems kinda funny
SORRY BRO!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.