Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to put some JG mild cams into my LS do I need to do a valve adjustment... some people has done this before with out a valve is it gonna affect any aspect of performance...

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Its a must (standard) to readjust your valves and I feel its good idea to readjust also........not doing so would either allow to much slop ( different tolerences between cams) or them being to tight....... both ways you get a shitty running engine, bad gas mileage and no guts

· Registered
2,575 Posts
kinghawk said:
Its standard to readjust your valves and I feel its good idea to readjust also........not doing so would either allow to much slop ( different tolerences between cams) or them being to tight....... both ways you get a shitty running engine, bad gas mileage and no guts
Its a must everytime you install a new set of cams...make sure the valve lash is in the recommended specs

· Registered
359 Posts
valve adjustment is considered regular maintenance. i always try to adjust the valves at least once a year. whenever you pull apart the rocker arm assembly it is a must that you adjust the valves. not to mention it is sad when you hear a strong engine tapping like hell because the valves weren't adjusted right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.