Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS motor, how much $?

new or used, just curious around how much it costs. And btw the motor code is b18b right?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Re: LS motor, how much $?

elenex2323 said:
And btw the motor code is b18b right?
you gotcha...they run about 2200 complete on Hondamotorsonline.com and a junkyard would run about 1k just for the engine alone.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Re: Re: LS motor, how much $?

Jayman,

Where's the thread that explains what happened to your engine. Did you post a thread with the story? I'm interested in hearing what happened. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i sold my 94 ls shortblock with gsr oil pump for 300 bucks...if that helps.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Re: Re: Re: LS motor, how much $?

uoboarder said:
Jayman,

Where's the thread that explains what happened to your engine. Did you post a thread with the story? I'm interested in hearing what happened. Thanks.
I didnt make a thread on what happened...basically I was experiencing some knocking sound in my engine. My first suspect was a problem in valvetrain area,FPR, or shot bearing/piston problem.

I checked the simpliest problem areas first but they had no effect...I was hoping it wasnt my last suspect but it was. I was experiencing piston-slap in the block. So I knew it was dead and back to square-one for me. I drove it around the block and half-way through, it siezed on me. So I pushed my baby back home and that was it...THE END:confused:

So it really bugged me that my car was dead, but i saw it as another way to change things up a bit, ya know. So now my plans are to put a ls or gs-r engine meanwhile, and turbo my existing engine w/ a b20 block.

Im not growin out of the import enthusiast thing, but I really want to go for a bike right now...maybe a BMX or Huffy.

...J/K:D I want to shoot for a ducati supersport or a CBR. Well thats my story, take care

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: LS motor, how much $?

JAYMAN320 said:
I didnt make a thread on what happened...basically I was experiencing some knocking sound in my engine. My first suspect was a problem in valvetrain area,FPR, or shot bearing/piston problem.

I checked the simpliest problem areas first but they had no effect...I was hoping it wasnt my last suspect but it was. I was experiencing piston-slap in the block. So I knew it was dead and back to square-one for me. I drove it around the block and half-way through, it siezed on me. So I pushed my baby back home and that was it...THE END:confused:

So it really bugged me that my car was dead, but i saw it as another way to change things up a bit, ya know. So now my plans are to put a ls or gs-r engine meanwhile, and turbo my existing engine w/ a b20 block.

Im not growin out of the import enthusiast thing, but I really want to go for a bike right now...maybe a BMX or Huffy.

...J/K:D I want to shoot for a ducati supersport or a CBR. Well thats my story, take care
Yea I could always see that, going from a nice car to a BMX :p

·
Registered
284 Posts

What are the hp/torque specs on the ls?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey there is something wrong with my 90 LS but when i find out i want to get a swap so hey if your interested let me know and we could talk er sumtin. i think its a timing problem because he belt was never changed, and it just slipped. aight just thought i'd put about 2 cents in

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Aem01Accord said:
my boy got his LS engine for 400 bucks.
Your son bought a B18b motor for an average price then depending on condition and mileage...

A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts