Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all will i have to do to get gsr pistons to fit in a ls block. or will they just fit

and is this smart or not?
will it lower or raise compretion?

help me out thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
USDM gsr pistons are 10:0:1 and LS pistons are 9:1 therefore gsr pistons would raise compression. the only problem ur gonna run into is the fact that an LS bore 1.834 and a gsr bore is 1.797 so a gsr piston is just a shit bit smaller than an LS piston. U should talk to ur local machine shop about makin em fit.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
charcoalhatch92 said:
USDM gsr pistons are 10:0:1 and LS pistons are 9:1 therefore gsr pistons would raise compression. the only problem ur gonna run into is the fact that an LS bore 1.834 and a gsr bore is 1.797 so a gsr piston is just a shit bit smaller than an LS piston. U should talk to ur local machine shop about makin em fit.

There is no problem installing them. The bore is the same. (81mm) The only thing that I see the numbers that you are referring to are the cc's (cubic centimeters) of each engine. All b-series pistons (except the CR-V's B20) pistons are interchangeable. The only mishap you may encounter is the rod fitting into the piston. Has to open up my type R pistons to fit my LS rods. Oh and LS comp. ratio is 9.2/9.4:1. And I think the GR-R is higher than than 10:1, I think it's like 10.4 or something.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
B16 should fit.

Search for some previous posts because this has been ask before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts