Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend ask me to post this tread. he had 96 ls integra just the normal bolt on (headers exhaust intake) to the engine. most exterior mods. he asked me today if he should sell his integra and buy rsx type s. he like how they both look but he thinking about he wants more power. i told him he should just boost his ls or do ls vtec but he ask me to post this thread. so what would do yall think he should do?

· Registered
4,633 Posts
It really depends on his budget.

He can spend $3k to boost the Integra, and have a low 13 second to high 12 second car...with the obvious required maintenance every couple weeks or so, and possible headaches that come with boost.

Or he can sell the Teg, and get a newer RSX-S which probably won't need anything more than scheduled Oil changes for the next 5-6 years. To get into the low 13s with the RSX-S, he's looking at another couple of grand to get a ~240whp all motor build out of it. If I had a modest chunk of change to buy a car right now, it would be the newest, least mileage RSX-S I could find. I like having a newer car.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
You could swap a B18c in it or just add the Y80 trans as stated for better gearing.

Or boost the LS, its up to him tho. I mean, does he like how one car handles or looks more, IMO, there both FWD coupes capable of nearly the same thing, but there are no payments with an older car, but Honda's are fairly reliable, so keep on on maintenance. How many miles on this Integra, that could also be a big factor.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it got 160,000 on the body and motor. its pretty clean but it was in lil wreck about 30 thousand miles ago on it. He keep it Maintenance. he loves the integras and rsx but "he cant make up his mind" in his own words.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
it got 160,000 on the body and motor. its pretty clean but it was in lil wreck about 30 thousand miles ago on it. He keep it Maintenance. he loves the integras and rsx but "he cant make up his mind" in his own words.
Well it it helps in his decision, DC2 > DC5

Thats my .02

· Registered
4,633 Posts
My friend has a lot of experience with wrecked Hondas. He gets them super cheap, drives 'em for a season and then sells. I would try to stay away from wrecks. You don't know how ''small'' the wreck was, and they always have really annoying problems.

In my opinion, find a really good condition, and low mileage Integra, or a similar condition RSX-S.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
My friend has a lot of experience with wrecked Hondas. He gets them super cheap, drives 'em for a season and then sells. I would try to stay away from wrecks. You don't know how ''small'' the wreck was, and they always have really annoying problems.

In my opinion, find a really good condition, and low mileage Integra, or a similar condition RSX-S.
I'll admit thats whats tempting about selling my teg. Maybe I should just sell the current one, and buy one with a better body and less miles, but then I'd have to spend money on mods over again, and its not the same car. IMO, I need my rear quarters done up, a blemish on the hatch fixed, and a paint job, but I could just get the front bumper and mirrors painted for now and the body work to take care of the rust and run it till the motor pukes and then swap or re-build. I'm leaning toward swap because it takes less time and getting machine work done up here rapes you, maybe a B18c5 is in my future:ninja

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
umm s2k is a car you get if you alread have another car. they aren't practical for bad weather or stow capacity and the 2nd worst honda to mod in terms of price per performance gained

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.