Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup yall n thanks for looking at my thread.. I've been able to get ahold of a USDM GSR long block for 500 because I'm affiliated with the local junkyard( my gf's uncle owns its :D :number1 ) anywayz the downside of getting it this cheap it that the engine spun a bearing but I'm not 2 worried about it.. I also have a B18B in my storage ( dont ask why ) I was thinking about taking out the LS crank an get it all knifed edged an micropolished, then take out the LS rods an get it shotpeened and get it balanced with the crank, then get some apr rod bolts and some new bearings with an ITR piston an rings.. now before I get this all done up I was wondering if this would work? like if I have 2 I'll bore out the block an hone it to give it a new start.. I already have a GSR tranny on the way an I'll be gettin a p72 ecu 0bd1 and get it tuned wit hondata s300 ..ohh and some RC 310CC injectors just in case.. so you all have the information can some tell me if this will work?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
it'll work. you may have to bend the oil squirters a little to clear and clearence the block to make sure nothing hits.

you'll basically be making an lsvtec with the added benefits of the gsr's stock girdle and oil squirters.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, he'll be using a GSR long block. Therefore he isn't really doing an LS/VTEC because that would require an LS block on a VTEC head. Which he isn't really doing, just swapping out the crank and whatever works to stroke it.

Don't really know how you guys see it, but thats how I saw it. Anyhow there was a dyno that I saw of a comparision of a GSR crank vs LS crank in the GSR engine. It did make a whole lot more power & torque than the GSR crank due to its added stroke.

Todd (b19coupe) posts a lot of that info on HT so you might want to look for that info. He was also the one who posted the info on the crower cams vs stock LS cams that someone posted up a while ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.