Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps

Im thinking of getting a integra LS. I know it's not as quick as the GSR and no vtec. But the LS cost less and the insurance is cheaper. I wanna know, can you make LS run high to mid 15s without going turbo or nos. Anyone have a good setup that would like to share. I just sold my civic and now I have some cash for a decent down payment. So im serious about getting a teggy. Any info about Ls tuning would be great.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have seen LS`s run low 16`s, like 16.2-3`s with stock setup, of course with a 5-speed, but y dont u just get it and do the GSR swap... u could do low 15`s with that setup stock, if u can drive... good luck....

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Hell you can get into the 14's with $2000 into an all-motor LS setup. That's where I'm at, and I didn't even do it for the sake of drag, just wanted some extra power for daily driving and auto-x. Do a search and you'll find most of what you need to know. You can go deep into the 15's with just bolt-ons alone.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
theres two way i know of for an ls setup to run low 15's. either swap out the motor for a Gs-R or Si mod it with i/h/e and probly a test pipe or catalytic converter. If the cost of a motor is to much for you an easier but complicated way would probly be Ls/Vtec. those are my suggestions.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I could make your LS run 13's all motor and be streetable maybe a low 13 high 12 on slicks...thats with a VTEC head on it though, but its still not a GSR and is still not a Type-R etc...LS/VTEC and CR/VTEC look into that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, so even with a good i/h/e setup, I will still be in low 16s. I guess im gonna save some more cash and try my luck with gsr. Thanx again guys for alot of good info.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Even a stock GSR is slow dude. You have to consider your overal goals with the car how much HP you want, when you drive it, where you drive it, how fast you want it to run etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I was hoping to, have it as a daily driver but whenever I decide to go to the track, it be nice to run atleast 16.0-15.8 with a basic i/h/e.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thats enough for me. I just sold a civic that had no tq at all, and only moved when vtec kicked in. So basicly daily driving kinda sucked and sohc vtec isint all that either. I liked the LS for the following reasons, "cheaper" then GSR but still more tq then civic si.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
roundEYEtuner said:
Well, I was hoping to, have it as a daily driver but whenever I decide to go to the track, it be nice to run atleast 16.0-15.8 with a basic i/h/e.
you can get there real easy. i wouldnt be surprised if you hit 15.8 with an intake alone. gotta be one hell of a driver though. with i/h/e, you'll definately be in the 15's for sure. the stock ls 5 spd runs a 16.2
like crvtecownsjoo said, you can go real fast on an all motor setup. why dont you want FI though?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I run about a 15.6 with my setup. Maybe even better since I added a new clutch and flywheel. And my car has the older b18a with 130 hp.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
druuuu said:
you can get there real easy. i wouldnt be surprised if you hit 15.8 with an intake alone. gotta be one hell of a driver though. with i/h/e, you'll definately be in the 15's for sure. the stock ls 5 spd runs a 16.2
like crvtecownsjoo said, you can go real fast on an all motor setup. why dont you want FI though?

he probly doesnt want the headaches... i'm debating all motor vs fi right now for the miata... tuning headaches and parts costs are steering me away...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
roundEYEtuner said:
Wow, so even with a good i/h/e setup, I will still be in low 16s. I guess im gonna save some more cash and try my luck with gsr. Thanx again guys for alot of good info.
Ummm, where exactly did you get that?? Every single post says you'll hit 15's EASILY even without the entire i/h/e setup... how did you translate that into low 16s WITH i/h/e? I'm really confused on this one.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
hobie237 said:
he probly doesnt want the headaches... i'm debating all motor vs fi right now for the miata... tuning headaches and parts costs are steering me away...
Im going all motor just to retain the stock feel.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Sick all motor cars don't feel stock.
yeah like sick all motor cars with itb's and stuff but I dont plan on doing anything that wild. I dont drive a acura cuz its fast. I drive it because I love the looks, style, interior, reliablity, and b/c they are fun to drive. now if I can have all that plus a little added performance even better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts