Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright! i Recently picked up an LS motor with a GSA tranny to put in the hatch! :clap

My plan/ goal is to do some mant. to the motor, replace some parts (gaskets, clutch, flywheel, timing belt, water pump, ect, ect) Which is happing now, and while this is taking place find a turbo kit and im going to have the swap + the turbo install happen at the same time! :wow

The only thing is i need help with Turbos. I new to the boosted world... Can you guys point me in the right direction? For now im looking for low boost about 6-7 pounds. Used, homemade, e-bay,somthing, but i dont know what im looking at....

Any infomaion or links to websites is good!

·
Registered
28 Posts
B18b is a very good platform to start with. If you piece your own kit make sure that you stay away from a FMU. Cheap is good but when it comes to fuel managment please spend the money on something good.

b18b as long as they are in good shape, check the compression and do a leak down to be sure, you can boost 12 pounds and not have to worry about much as long as you have a good tuner.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ezeedee said:
you wanna piece together your own kit right? thats shat it sounds like.

http://www.hond a-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795

read that, its a pretty good writeup imho.

i love your green wheels btw.

what kind of power do you want to put down?

Well i wanted a used one and i was gonna upgrade parts later, but if i can figure it out i might make my own.

I hoping for about 200whp on abour 7-8psi when i have the motor+turbo installed. Once agien i dont know turbos too well yet, but i think that will get me there. After the install i will start saving for internal motor work and i want to be able to run 250whp...thats later thought....

green wheels! :w00t

klungemonger----------->pm sent

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
lemonracer said:
Well i wanted a used one and i was gonna upgrade parts later, but if i can figure it out i might make my own.

I hoping for about 200whp on abour 7-8psi when i have the motor+turbo installed. Once agien i dont know turbos too well yet, but i think that will get me there. After the install i will start saving for internal motor work and i want to be able to run 250whp...thats later thought....

green wheels! :w00t

klungemonger----------->pm sent
you can hit 250whp on a stock block with a good tune. no need to upgrade internals unless your getting closer to the 300whp range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.