Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a LS motor turbo kit fit a type r motor? I am getting a complete bolt on t3/t4 turbo kit for a very good deal and I want to know if it will fit my type r motor. I also have a LS swap civic but I rather put it on the type r if it would fit. Thank you for any advice(s) / comments...

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
hawj920 said:
Would a LS motor turbo kit fit a type r motor? I am getting a complete bolt on t3/t4 turbo kit for a very good deal and I want to know if it will fit my type r motor. I also have a LS swap civic but I rather put it on the type r if it would fit. Thank you for any advice(s) / comments...
physically it should fit. the intercooler piping will be different thought because of the IM. but there is more too it than just slapping a turbo on it. you should have the turbo picked out based on the motor. the b18c5 motor has different characteristics than a b18b, so technically you would probably want a different trim turbo to match the specs of the b18c1. but to answer your question, yes the turbo kit will fit. but you have a 10.6 CR on the b18c5 vs the 9.5(i think) of a b18b. so you'll need actual fuel managament boost controller and tuning

·
Registered
153 Posts
i believe type r motors are better off nonturbo... more off an n/a type of motor... i think u should just slap it on your LS but hey wateva floats ur boat :D

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
INsan3TEGRA said:
i believe type r motors are better off nonturbo... more off an n/a type of motor... i think u should just slap it on your LS but hey wateva floats ur boat :D
depends on the spec turbo, the build and the tune. you can make 300+whp with b18c5 but the advantage isn't because of the vtec. it's the fact that it has full balanced internals, Higher CR, and a much better flowing head. just keep it under 10 PSI wiht a good tune and you'll be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.