Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question! what are the max amounts of boost you can pull from a stock ls motor?

what can i expect for horse power runnin like 10 pounds and is ten pound even reasonable on an ls?

thank in advance for your help

·
Registered
542 Posts
on a compression tested car that has moderate/high milage 6-8 lbs of boost is safe/good. 10 psi is alittle high on a stock ls motor. im not saying that its not doable. but consider building and sleaveing for safety at 8+ psi.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
VtecAddict said:
Dont think of it as psi, a t3/t4 at 5 psi will push jsut as much as a t25 at 10psi.

You have to think about it in horsepower terms...

Exactly, It doesn't matter if it's 30psi or 5psi the motor will handle about 300whp.
you need to get psi (boost) out of your mind as a limiting factor. PSI = Pounds Per Square Inch.
The two main things that will kill a motor,
1) exceeding the hp limit of the engine (trying to make more power then tit can handle)
2) Poor tuning.
Please search next time. :boo

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
b16ahybrid said:
Exactly, It doesn't matter if it's 30psi or 5psi the motor will handle about 300whp.
you need to get psi (boost) out of your mind as a limiting factor. PSI = Pounds Per Square Inch.
The two main things that will kill a motor,
1) exceeding the hp limit of the engine (trying to make more power then tit can handle)
2) Poor tuning.
Please search next time. :boo

:tu

·
Registered
255 Posts
You could make 300 it's all in how good the motor is tuned. And what you have to tune it the AEM EMS is nice it's what I run.

·
Registered
86 Posts
egvtec said:
you will put about 230 to the wheels on 10psi and stock ls can hold 300hp

I made 231hp to the wheels on 8psi and 259hp to the wheels on 10psi :D

Hondata t00ned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts