Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GS-R here, GS-R there. Does anyony have Turbo LS?
I'm looking for basic street set-up. Greddy recently released Turbo for B18B. Brand new kit only for $2500 + intercooler.
I contacted Greddy and according to them it'll produlce +65 hp to the flywheel w/o intercooler. I highly doubt it that stock B18B will
poduce up to 50hp to the wheel. WIll I ever hit low 14's with that kit? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wut u talkin about?? ls motor has lower compression and able to handle more boost then gsr... with the greddy kit and good fuel management u can produce more then 50 whp thats with tuning

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
produce more than 50? over the gsr or after spending 2 grand on a turbo kit. get a drag 3 turbo kit. :B

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing is that I don't wanna go wild. Just looking for basic street set-up. I chose greddy because of a smaller turbo. BTW i drove my friend's LS with Drag Gen 3. That things is hela slow off the line up to at least 40mph, I was ahead in my stock LS.
It was crazy fast on freeway though.
How do you guys keep traction? LSD

·
Registered
909 Posts
A turboed car off boost should run basically the same as it would without a turbo... Your stock LS isn't faster when he's not boosting, it was the driver most likely ;) A greddy kit gives you basically JRSC power, but with more potential with upgrades. A T3/T4 kit gives you insane potential compared to a JRSC or greddy kit - its all about how far you wanna go. Greddy kits have very quality parts, but you'll need to add an intercooler and a blow off valve to make it complete. The Greddy blue box(fuel management unit) is known to be pretty crappy, so after you replace that as well you'll have spent the same as you would have if you went with a DRAG or RevHard kit. Don't get me wrong, the greddy kit isn't bad... but if you're gonna go turbo then go with a kit that has more potential. Who knows how much power you'll want in 6 months. B18Bs are one of the most popular honda engines to turbo for a plethora of reasons ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
just ran my delsol with b18 LS turbo at track

12.4 98mph 16psi (stock internals)

310 inj
stock ecu
vortech fmu

ls turbo is the way to go just on 7 psi crazy fast

whoevers you drove or whoever beat you didnt know how to turbo or drive, any turbo kit custom or whole,
makes a big difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wanted the LS turbo kit too, the people I know went revhard and they enjoy it...but as for greddy turbo, i heard its reliable and almost the same power performance as the JRSC but with a blow off valve...btw does anyone know anyone that blew thier motor on greddy turbo kits...thanx...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am hoping to throw 300+ with this setup,,,u think possible??

the car is a 93 ls with 70k on motor, things bought are as follows:
skunk 2 stage 2 cam gears
skunk 2 turbo camshafts
skunk 2 throttle body 70mm
obx racing intake manifold
cp piston & rings low compression 9:1
crower connecting rods
aem high fuel rail
550cc injectors
xtd stage 3 clutch kit & 8lb flywheel
i resleeved the block
rev hard stage 2 turbo kit t3/t4.....,,thinking 15psi
msd ignition
msd external coil blaster, and a 6a module.
msd distributor cap & rotor
ngk iridium plugs & wiring

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've got a turbo LS w/ a drag kit. with some street tuning I must say that im impressed on just 8lbs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LS 99 said:
the thing is that I don't wanna go wild. Just looking for basic street set-up. I chose greddy because of a smaller turbo. BTW i drove my friend's LS with Drag Gen 3. That things is hela slow off the line up to at least 40mph, I was ahead in my stock LS.
It was crazy fast on freeway though.
How do you guys keep traction? LSD
my brother and i have recently put an l/s into a gsr with the gsr head wich i like way better unles its type r cams, and it has a turbonetics kit and is on 9 psi, its unreal what this combo feels like and with stock injectors and fmu at 12:5:1 give r a try. stock every thing even cams r making in a guess about 260 hp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
every one gives fmus a bad rap but for low boost of 5-12 it works fine and may cause injector problems later but there easy to replace and take from junkyards.

·
Registered
783 Posts
solid said:
wut u talkin about?? ls motor has lower compression and able to handle more boost then gsr... with the greddy kit and good fuel management u can produce more then 50 whp thats with tuning
That is not true, Yes it does have lower compression but the block is not very strong. Especially the rod bolts. Gsr is very boost freindly for a street set up. Ls is as well but i'd at least put ARP rod bots and ARP headstuds just to be on the safer side of things.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thats true the gsr type r and b16 all have extra webing in the casting of the block, they have piston oilers and r built for serious power, its just that usdm motors r so damn detuned for emissions. if u look on password jdm or any site that has jdm motors the japan specs r always better. like for instance even the d16y8 over here is 125 hp,but thejdm d16y7 is 170 hp, go figure only in america lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i got questions. how is it when u ran stock ecu on fmu boosted? well, do u think chipped ecu is a good idea? well i got stock ecu and going to turbo it. just got my kit in today and saw ur comment. is it good for chipped or just stay stock with fuel management unit.

310 inj
stock ecu
vortech fmu

whoevers you drove or whoever beat you didnt know how to turbo or drive, any turbo kit custom or whole,
makes a big difference.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
83 Posts
ls is a great motor to boost. they have a decent margain of tuning due to lower compression, and can make a fun car on the street if the turbo is properly matched.

good transition from maybe a lower hp setup to a boosted b series, parts are still pretty cheap for ls' and they are still pretty fun. i just had one with a 57 trim t3t4 .48 exhaust and the response was awesome compared to my vtec motor. i had 10 psi by like 3500.

long story short, ls makes a good motor to start off on, if you want more later on then either build the ls or move to vtec

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
95turbob20hatch said:
thats true the gsr type r and b16 all have extra webing in the casting of the block, they have piston oilers and r built for serious power, its just that usdm motors r so damn detuned for emissions. if u look on password jdm or any site that has jdm motors the japan specs r always better. like for instance even the d16y8 over here is 125 hp,but thejdm d16y7 is 170 hp, go figure only in america lol!

youre retarded. there is a usdm d16y8 and d16y7. im assuming you dont know the difference. theyre both sohc, one is vtec, one is not. they are not detuned here at all. jdm b16s have .5 more compression that makes more power.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
forced_induct said:

310 inj
stock ecu
vortech fmu

[/QUOTE]

dont ever get larger injectors without a tune. and dont ever go FI without a tune. he might have run a 12.4 but without the tune, he wont be at his full potential and his motor will blow up in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts