Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a vid of a 91 civic hatchback lsvtec 2.0 and it ran a 12.6... thats hella fast for a non turboed civic... anyone know anytihng about what he did? at hdmmotorsports.com his name is hector. what whp do you think hes putting at the wheels?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is insane... i didnt think a lsvtec could do that. hmmm i keep hearing about a 2.0 lsvtec... does it mean its bored out?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats better??? and can anyone tell me what a crvtec or a lsvetec puts down? ( hp/tq) and which would be cheaper?

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
crvtec has more torque i believe. the ls/vtec is better imo because you can't get a crvtec insured/saftied since the block is from an "SUV". i don't know if this applies everywhere though...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good ammount?? what parts are we looking for exactly? b18b =900 or so right? i dunno how much engine heads and the block are worth? but give me prices on each part? i was thinkin about turboin my car... but people say a turboed d16z6 would get me like a 13-14 second car.. and lsvtec/crvtec sounds more appealing

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what are they doing to the lsvtec then?!?! the vid was found on trekmek.com under honda stuff... its a crvtec then.. its 2.0 but how?!?! does it run a 12.6?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
NoRice4u2Day said:
what are they doing to the lsvtec then?!?! the vid was found on trekmek.com under honda stuff... its a crvtec then.. its 2.0 but how?!?! does it run a 12.6?
its frankenstien=built motor.. car is probably light as shit also

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
NoRice4u2Day said:
i saw a vid of a 91 civic hatchback lsvtec 2.0 and it ran a 12.6... thats hella fast for a non turboed civic... anyone know anytihng about what he did? at hdmmotorsports.com his name is hector. what whp do you think hes putting at the wheels?
91 hatches are LIGHT. You know how a lot of drag racers like to use EG's because they are substantially lighter than EK's? Well, the 91's are in that realm.

2.0 Liter LS VTEC would equal a bored out LS block, which is the same as a CRV block. 84 mm both. So the LS got overbored by 3 mm.

Why didn't they just use a B20 block to begin with? Well...they probably had the LS block sitting around, and or they wanted people to read the plate on there and see B18B, so they would get hustled.

Now as for "What could be so expensive about a frankenstien motor?!!!"

Ok...The B20 is basically a B18B with 3 mm larger bore, which means there are thinner cylinder walls. What's wrong with that? Well, take an engine making anywhere from 230-250 whp in order to produce your 12.6 timeslip, that is a lot of extra stress on the cylinder walls. Most likely, they are running something along the lines of s2s2 cams (aggressive cams). That means it's rev'ed out to 9000+ RPM. That's where the problem comes in. 8000 RPM vs 9000 RPM = 10X more stress on the cylinder walls. That's basically daring the motor to break on you. Soooo...to remedy that, one would look into SLEEVING. That alone will cost you around a grand.

A stock VTEC head will bottle neck at about 8500 RPM. Port work. Upgraded valve train. Expect another 1500 right there. Oh ya, the cams. 500.

We still haven't even talked about the connecting rods and pistons yet. Labor associated with the build. FUEL MANAGEMENT! Don't expect to get far using the stock 240 cc fuel injectors. Sooo much more good stuff to consider. Tuning?

·
Registered
99 Posts
HondaGuyEli said:
2.0 LS/VTEC running those kinda times. Here's my guess. 2.0 Stroker kit. Very High Compression Pistons, Port and Polished Head, Milled Head for raised compression, Aggressive Cams, Gutted 4th gen hatch.

Figure if the car weighs about 2,000lbs with the driver you need approx. 260hp to run a 12.6

A 2.0 LS/VTEC with compression similar to a B16a would already put you right up around 200hp, with even higher compression, a race port and polish, some good cams, and good tuning, it's very feasable.
:D :D :D
OMG, sorry guys you all are totaly lost on this one...
Here are the specs:
1.8 (stock bore) ls block
Gsr head (NO Port or polish work done)
CTR cams
CTR pistons
B16 tranny
ITR intake manifold
DC sport 4-1 headers
2-1/4 pipe & exhaust
P28 ECU runing Crome and street tuned by me.
"Sorry to dissapoint you, but sometimes the simple setups work better.."

att: HYBRIXT

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i just built a lsvtec 2.0 that is supposed to run somewhere in the 11s but i spent a ton of money. you also gotta remember that suspension matters alot also when you start running that fast to. At least does in my honest opinion. I will let you know how my car runs after i break the motor in

·
Registered
302 Posts
HondaGuyEli said:
1.8 liter??? Everyone was saying it's a 2.0. Also I don't see those specs adding up to the type of power needed to pull a 4th gen hatch down the strip in 12.6 seconds.
like he said, simple is sumtimes better. its probly gutted to the core, which puts it probly around 1800 lbs or so with driver (guestimating here), so i dont think it would need 230hp. and remember, the lsvtecs are pretty torquey and that coupled with the closely geared b16 tranny should yield pretty quick 1/4 mile times. oh, and i bet it has slicks and a good driver :p :D

[edit:] the ctr pistons would put the comp at 13.1:1, so id say that would help quite a bit if tuned right

1 - 20 of 31 Posts