Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Sho, recently i've been concidering many options that i have to make my car faster. I drive a 99' Civic Si with basics I/H/E, wires, plugs, short shifter. I've considered cams but been told without proper valvetrain, i wont see much gain. I've also considered NOS, but not sure how much bottle my car can handle before i should quit using it. I've now considered upgrading my block from 1.6 to 1.8 to make Ls/Vtec. My plan would be to get the LS block and get ITR pisons and rods to accomadate the bigger bore size of the block. Somebody told me CTR pistons, but isnt that too small for the bigger block? How much would you guys think it would be to get the parts alone for the work? Would i need new ECU upgrade for this hybrid swap? After all of this how much would you think labor would be? I'm just trying to get an idea so i could make a decision on my next modification. What do you guyz suggest??

Thnx in advance
A

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
this topic has been covered many a times, and if you use the search function, you can find a lot f worty information, as well as saving your time, and others.

since this has been an exhaustive topic, there is a sticky in the integra forum regarding ls/vtec and everything youll need to know, if there isnt, then you can post your question, and it will be answered within the post, instead of making a new one...

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=55995

·
Registered
506 Posts
actually the bore is the same, all B series engines have the same bore- 81.5mm except for the B20 from the CRV which has an 84mm bore, so if I were you I'd get the CTR pistons for the higher compression, only do that if you're going NA though, high compression and boost are not a good combination. If I were you start out w/ the stock ECU and get a VTEC AFC, prices change a lot esp. w/ LS/vtec becoming more popular so check around on the internet for prices on the block, the conv kit(check www.jdmhondaparts.com under LS/VTEC parts), the VTEC AFC, pistons, etc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah jayman, you must have posted while I was but yeah this topic has been brought up SO many times, that sticky is excellent and I tried to get one goin in here but people didn't take to it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts