Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i did a ls/vtec with turbo compared to a gsr with a turbo what would be better and what would produce the most hp and 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
93 Posts
ls/vtec

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Snoopy said:
the one thats built and tuned better
Yes, but the LS/VTEC would have slightly more displacement. My buddy Mannys hatchback is LS/VTEC turbo completely stock block B16 head with a turbo and all it does is smoke tires and its pretty BA.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
what it comes down to is which one of the motors is tuned better...a turbo on any motor rocks but you are going to spend more money on putting the ls/vtec together bc it isn't a direct bolt-on affair...I would boost a gsr motor if you are going to boost anyways...the gsr motor is a performance motor to begin with so I would say try that, unless you really want to do the frankenstein swap...it basically comes down to what YOU want to do...the turbo project I am going to be working on will be for a d16z6, yeah I know SOHC...but I know this guy here in NC with a 550hp 3000gt, and from what he says...we should be able to get close to 300hp to the wheels...I'm hoping anyways... :wow

·
Registered
112 Posts
If i were you just boost the regular LS motor, its a better motor and trans to boost (lower compresion than GSR and long gears in the tranny). But do what the other guy said, DO WHAT YOU WANT? Cause its all been done before by someone.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
if you're talking about serious mods... it doesnt really matter too much which one you start out with...the gsr's arent too hard to work on...thats what my buddy's running and hes in low 12s...the vtec might be a little more streetable tho... the cams hes got make the idle pretty crappy...if you're looking for something that can do serious street and strip use... probly go with the vtec

·
Registered
93 Posts
solsykness said:
the turbo project I am going to be working on will be for a d16z6, yeah I know SOHC...but I know this guy here in NC with a 550hp 3000gt, and from what he says...we should be able to get close to 300hp to the wheels...I'm hoping anyways... :wow
DAMN... with lots of boost. your gonna have to some serious. i dought thats on pump gas too.. good luck though. power to the sohc vtecs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i bet u could pass with some 10:1comp pistons and like a 6psi setup. i dont understand why ppl go 17-30psi of boost cuz when it FINALY spools up the torque hits so hard it completely breaks the traction on normal street tires and ends up costing u a shit load in the end. i think a perfect setup would be high comp pistons, low boost, mild cam and a few other misc pieces but i dont wanna give out all of my plans :)

edit:btw thats for a dailydriver/weekend drag setup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts