Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what all the ls vtec peeps are running right now.

I have a 95 Teg RS w/ a B16A head on it.
My mods are small so far:
ITR intake manifold
Tenzo intake
Tanabe RM exhaust
block guard
STR cam seal
and to control my VTEC i have a Fields controller

i have the VTEC kicking in at 5100 right now. that's worked
good so far.
at the track it sucked. ran a 16 flat. need a better tranny.
but on the highway it's all balls to the walls. great sleeper.

just came up on some big money grip, will post my new
mods and some pics when done.:D

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the way

for sure do.
i got a B16 tranny(maybe w/ LSD), RPS Turbo clutch and a JUN flywheel being put on in March.

maybe then i'll be able to beat my boy's RSX-S, which can only get me by a little.

who needs i-VTEC when you got LS/VTEC. :D

· Registered
10 Posts
need some help

i just got my motor it is a 91 block with a 94 gsr head the guy that i bought it from said that it has ctr pistons and the head was milled a little is there any way for me to confirm this
any way what other mods should i do
the motor is not in the car yet still waiting on parts
what is the best ecu to run it with i can't find a p72 so my boy said to get a p28 and chip it
any help will be usefull
thanks
jason

· Registered
2,222 Posts
Re: on the way

LsVtecR said:
for sure do.
i got a B16 tranny(maybe w/ LSD), RPS Turbo clutch and a JUN flywheel being put on in March.

maybe then i'll be able to beat my boy's RSX-S, which can only get me by a little.

who needs i-VTEC when you got LS/VTEC. :D
b16 tranny w/lsd would be exact same thing as a itr tranny :eek:.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: Re: on the way

just chillin said:

b16 tranny w/lsd would be exact same thing as a itr tranny :eek:.
1st gear is different in each.. the B16's ratio is 3.307 and the ITR's ratio is 3.230

· Registered
1,017 Posts
lshybrid195 said:
well currently i'm in the middle of buildin my lsvtec rite but i'll let u noe when i'm done and wat kinda mod i got in it. hope u either got a b16 or gsr tranny u don't want to run on an ls.
What are your plans for you buildup? What parts are you putting in?

· Registered
6 Posts
here's my setup, ls block w/ type r internals/valvetrain, gsr cams, B16 head, act 6 puck clutch, gsr tranny (def. not stock gears/final drive), i forget what mph i shift at 1st/2nd, i know 3rd is 85, 4th is 115, and 5th whenever you feel like letting off, def. tell the gears in it was for the 1/4 track cuz it accelerates like a mother, but top end like anything past 120 climbs slow. aerospeed intake, 2 1/2 catback exhaust, OBD 1 computer conversion, no power steering or A/C. kid i bought it off of said they had low 13's outta it, he said the redline was 8800rpm. i'm happy with that setup, i wish there was a different head was on it, and i fucked the tranny up wasn't my fault, shifter was fucked when i got it, i dunno if it wasn't adjusted right or not. But yeah ls/vtecs are the shit, i like my setup except for the head, so if that helped any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.